Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Man Gets Life for Spitting on Police Officer

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dick Quickwood, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

SAPULPA, Okla. (July 3) - A convicted rapist has been sentenced to life in prison for spitting on a police officer.

Creek County Associate District Judge April Sellers White followed the recommendation of a jury for the maximum sentence against John C. Marquez under a law that makes it a felony to place bodily fluids on law enforcement officers.

White rejected a prosecution request for a 25-year prison term and a defense request for a four-year term.

Following sentencing Monday, Marquez's attorney, Jason Serner, promised an appeal to the state Court of Criminal Appeals. No appeal had been filed by Thursday.

Marquez, 35, was convicted of hurling body fluids on Sapulpa Officer Charles Gadd while Gadd was taking Marquez to jail following a domestic disturbance in which a woman's arm was broken.

The 1996 state law that makes it a felony to place bodily fluids on law enforcement officers was enacted amid concerns that deadly diseases, such as AIDS, could be transmitted this way.

Gadd told the jury that Marquez spit on him despite being warned and then bit him when Gadd was trying to prevent Marquez from spitting again.

Gadd and Marquez tested negative for any communicable diseases.

The jury took 15 minutes on May 14 to recommend the life sentence. Marquez's prior felony convictions, including rape and burglary, were taken into consideration in determining the sentence.

In addition to the life term, Marquez received one year in jail and a $3,000 fine for his conviction for domestic assault and a $500 fine for resisting a peace officer.

Telephone calls to the judge, the prosecuting attorney and the defense attorney were not returned Thursday.

2. $360

$360 Elite Member

i goes to show that you have to KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT!!!!!
    hahaha get it?mouth shut?

:lol: :lol:

too good

3. Dick Quickwood

4. $360

$360 Elite Member

i know.im sorry.but it had to be done.

5. mogilny

mogilny Senior Member

DAMN !!!! :nut:

6. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Banned

I would have thrown my shoe at him

7. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

Is it any type of crime to bite a police officer? Or were they cool with that part?

8. Dick Quickwood

i guess the guy just likes pork a lot

9. IDrinkSprite

IDrinkSprite Senior Member

GET IT..PORK.PIG.I GUESS THE GUY LIKES PIG!!!!:lol: sorry.

10. unconscience

unconscience Banned

fuck the :five-o:

'nuff said:king:

11. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

:lol: i thought it was funny

12. ExhibitDHLK

ExhibitDHLK New Jack

MAN IT SUCKS BEIGN HISPANIC IN THIS COUNTRY

13. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

makes me wanna go around and kick the shit outa police officers

14. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

who throws a shoe? no, really, who throws a shoe?

15. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

It sounds like they gave him life because he was a rapist and a no good scumbag. He should rot.