Kaith Haring

shut up fagg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

He certainly deserves his respect as an artist and for his dabbling with "graffiti," and from what i understand he was socially and exhibitionally associated with writers, but to pass him off as a graffiti writer in the traditional sense is absurd. feel free to school me otherwise...

Guest jeff123456
Originally posted by Sorc bcj

He certainly deserves his respect as an artist and for his dabbling with "graffiti," and from what i understand he was socially and exhibitionally associated with writers, but to pass him off as a graffiti writer in the traditional sense is absurd. feel free to school me otherwise...

hes a talented artist but by no means is he a "graffiti artist"..

Haring was, in fact, a graffiti artist. It is, perhaps, you or I, that is not the graffiti artist. There is a difference between the Modern graffiti movement and the phenomenon of graffiti itself. Well, the graffiti on this site isn't exactly Modern anymore...in gesture it is, but in the second, third, and fourth generation is has relived itself and therefore it is now a Postmodern movement.

Originally posted by itssssssslow

Haring was, in fact, a graffiti artist. It is, perhaps, you or I, that is not the graffiti artist. There is a difference between the Modern graffiti movement and the phenomenon of graffiti itself. Well, the graffiti on this site isn't exactly Modern anymore...in gesture it is, but in the second, third, and fourth generation is has relived itself and therefore it is now a Postmodern movement.

agreed, just because it doesnt have highlights and dope connections doesnt mean its not graffiti. its traditional graffiti...not the same as "fuck you" or "jen and bobby 4ever" or "free convict carl" but still a more primitive medium. bump for keith harring, just peeped an original chalk drawing of his the other day.

hes always inspired me graffiiti is the term given to shit when written illegally on walls or other properties it doesnt mean letters or any other shit he was a graffiti artist, chilled with graffiti artists and did graffiti. just cuz like the guy above me said he didnt write names or letters dont mean it aint graffiti and he was nice then u will ever be.:)

R.I.P. keith haring

ok but way way way over hyped. def didnt do that much illegal stuff.....blatant rip of australian aboriginal painting. not good not good dondi hes not.

also please stop saying things are postmodern you artspeak dookwad.

Archived