Jobs

Slim Pickens

What is the best job for a writer to obtain?

Mailman-One all the free stickers you can fit in your arms and the end of your shirt. A sweet truck to jam out to tunes and read magazines all day. A mail route in which to throw up your stickers and peep other graf in your area. The gov bene's and not to mention the sick uniform.

Buffman-Someone is going to do it so why not you. You get to first snap a flick of the work you are buffing and you get a free guide to the best places to paint in your city not to mention the means to get there.

Railworker-Learn the in's and outs of your yards. Meet your fellow workers so they dont tweak when they sneak up on you leaving your mark and have a disguise from the bull.

What is the best job for a writer?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Slim Pickens@Jan 24 2006, 10:13 PM

What is the best job for a writer to obtain?

1.)Mailman-One all the free stickers you can fit in your arms and the end of your shirt. A sweet truck to jam out to tunes and read magazines all day. A mail route in which to throw up your stickers and peep other graf in your area. The gov bene's and not to mention the sick uniform.

2.)Buffman-Someone is going to do it so why not you. You get to first snap a flick of the work you are buffing and you get a free guide to the best places to paint in your city not to mention the means to get there.

3.)Railworker-Learn the in's and outs of your yards. Meet your fellow workers so they dont tweak when they sneak up on you leaving your mark and have a disguise from the bull.

What is the best job for a writer?

I numbered them so that I can give feedback.

1. Thats stealing, find a job where you cant get in trouble for it, and you're set. Understandably, graffiti is illegal, but it shouldnt be part of your work habits and shit. Getting and keeping a good job is a much better idea than getting a few stickers for free, which you can do anyway.

2.) Thats shitty, you just cover shit up from everyone, and then get the spot quick? See how long that lasts with people in your town. The "hottest" spots? yeah, if the buff knows about them, then they are hott, go back, have fun.

3.)Not everyone looks at graffiti the way you do, railworkers more than likely are going to hate it. It hinders them, takes money out of their checks in a sense, puts safety in jeopardy, which, is number one to the railroad. You lose your job, get arrested, and your friends at work dont like you anymore, sounds good. The railroad pays really really well also, you wouldnt want to lose that job.

none of those if your looking to do graff and get away with it. a bull or a detective would be better idea. if you want to get away with murder its your best bet. think about it.

high authority, inside info, no tickets, all the weed and whatever else illegal including money you want you can take from those who got it. you know where other cops are so you know when your safe.

if you know all the good spots in your city you can catch other writers in action take thier paint and go over them later insted arresting them.

theres alot of tax free money you can make being a cop.

Originally posted by THE STIX@Jan 29 2006, 12:17 PM

most graffiti writers.. believe it or not.. are normal people.wit normal jobs and normals lifes.. so the question u should be asking is.. how can a lazy person like myself manage to find a job without a college education? ;)

are you kidding me?????? you mean most people who have graffiti as a side hobby, and look at it on the internet, are normal people, i dont think ive ever met a normal graffiti writer. still, graffiti is a mental sickness, and were all sick, so maybe its different from where your from.

at the minimum go to a community college take a course in microsoft office, thats a really good job skill.

you should go to community college for a 2 year degree and transfer, its alot easier than high school, 4 year university are more of the same, with wierder shit thrown in, ive been to both started 4 year, couldnt stand the ignorant fucks there, transfered.

You have to think about the future today, because youll be livign there tommorow.- George Burns

So if you spend 2-4 years of your life now in school. in 5 years your life will be so much better, where as with out the schooling your going to be making shit pay for the rest of your life.

or you can rob and deal drugs, but even thats a stupid way to make money, because most of those cats, still make the same as slighlty above minium wage, and risking there futures. plus you cant rent a place if you dont have a legal job.

ok ya ur rite were not normal...i guess it depends on who u are.. but im not going to sit around and have to sale drugs or work at burger king and worry about if i can pay this and that... and for those who no me.. no im always in the yards....everyone has dif priorities.. i guess...

Originally posted by asa vada@Jan 29 2006, 01:55 PM

both of you are saying the same thing pretty much,but I think stix is just saying after your done painting and what not, it's time to go to school and work for a career.. making you normal.

no thats what i just said...hes saying he wants a career with out going to school

• 2 weeks later...