Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Illustrator help

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MESTHREE, Aug 7, 2005.

1. MESTHREE

MESTHREE Dirty Dozen Crew

Any help would be appreciated

When I pick a colour with the colour picker in illustrator it displays ad darker and more vibrant in the working space. this is leading me to create shit that looks really washed out. How do I make the colour choice in the picker consistant with the working space?

thanks.

2. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

no, but I can tell you how to make some really delicious chocolate chip pancakes.

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

I dont know really, not an Illus Pro. Edit>Color Management maybe?

Or maybe you need some kind of external color managing system.

But yo, pancakes, forill.

4. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

when yuu save the image it gets washed out?

are you saving for web whats the final output?

5. MESTHREE

yah. I saved it for web as a jpeg and it was all washed out.... its happened when I print from an eps as well.

6. beardofzeus

beardofzeus Member

maybe you have a suck monitor. You might want to consider getting yourself a Pantone color swatch book so you will know exactly what color will be printed out.
    Or maybe google.

7. villain

villain Veteran Member

These are photoshop tutorials but maybe if you poked around you could find something for illustrator.
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=129189

Could be your CRT, could be your HSV to RGB to CYMK or whatever the hell alphanumeric crap... I don't have any idea honestly. But there are specific things you could troubleshoot relating to color management.

8. MESTHREE

hey thanks I never thought of any of those options yet. except for the fact that pantone books cost a million dollars and are not that usefull for what I am trying to do and I do not have a sucky monitor and thirdly; google? whats google? Gee I never thoguht to look there. :rolleyes:

If one more dink on here tells me to look on google when I post a question in here i will have your house robbed and your girl mugged, but thanks for trying.

9. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

Colors on screen will never print exactly the same because
    they are two different technologies the screen being lights
    RGB, and printing CMYK. Use the pms color system and have
    a pms booklet with you to see what the color will print like,
    before sending the job out to a printer go to your color pallet
    and trash the pms samples, this will convert the colors in
    your piece toCMYK and not throw the printer off.

Or perhaps your printer sucks

10. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

ugh... it's being saved for web (see above post)

mes... try google ;)

heh.. seriously.. sounds like you color management profile. also, since it's being saved as a jpeg, could be the compression.

11. Wilt TA

Wilt TA New Jack

speaking of illustrator does anyone have or have a link to illustrator cs 11 crack? thanks in advance

12. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

11? As in CS2?

Or 10 as in CS?

13. Wilt TA

Wilt TA New Jack

the file reads adobe illustrator Cs v11.0.0

14. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

cant help, all i have is 10.

15. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

If it's being saved for web start off by setting your pallet up with web-only colors
    other wise you'll lose clarity in the translation. Printing has the ability to show tens
    if not hundreds of times the amount of color than internet, when you start with the
    regular pallet of colors it assumes your designing for print, and when you go to
    save for web it'll choose what web-color it feels is the closest substitute.