Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Discussion in 'News' started by xfrodobagginsx, Jul 12, 2007.

?

HOW DO YOU GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE?

1. BY TRUSTING JESUS CHRIST AS LORD AND SAVIOR

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. BY TRUSTING IN MOHAMMAD

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. BY TRUSTING IN BUDDHA

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. THERE IS NO HEAVEN/THERE IS NO GOD

33 vote(s)
    36.3%
  5. OTHER

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  6. Boogie Hands

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  1. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

2. Druthers

Druthers New Jack

Your statement remains a statement.
    Gerbils are running the world.
    This is also a statement.
    We use the scientific method tocheck these statements for fallacies and draw conclusions to navigate our world.

3. Druthers

Druthers New Jack

Science is just the pursuit of knowledge.
    When religious zealots pit asking honest questions against shutting up and having faith in some oogidy-boogidy
    There's a problem with our culture.
    "Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children’s or grandchildren’s time—when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what’s true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness."
    -Sagan

One Man Banned and Fist 666 like this.
  4. theprotester

Thanks for that. In my opinion all science is based on faith. You can hit your own stumbling block relating that to religion if it makes Sagan more relevant for you.

5. Druthers

Druthers New Jack

Unfortunately, religion is the antithesis of science.
    One forces you not to think while the other is a catalyst for knowledge.

Your opinion is just that. An opinion.
    It only gains credence with facts.
    Guess how you get facts..

6. theprotester

By having faith in science?

You don't seem to be able to leave religion at the door so I'm not going to continue to engage with your agenda.

7. Druthers

Druthers New Jack

You seem to have painted yourself into a corner there fella.
    Let me help.
    You find facts by implementing the scientific method.

You're having a hard time understanding what science is.
    It is:
    the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

That's it.

Deprogram yourself.

8. theprotester

Which requires faith about the structure and order of the physical and natural world.

9. Druthers

Druthers New Jack

Oh fer fucksake.
    Did you put your feet on the floor when you got out of bed today?
    You used the scientific method.

10. theprotester

There's a fair chance that my rejection of religion is indeed stronger than yours but it has not so closed my mind to not be open to the reality of science being founded in faith.

11. Druthers

Druthers New Jack

That's a very nebulous and vague statement without any real information. All that offers is some contrived platitude while attempting to disengage.

Good luck with that.

12. Boodah

Boodah Dirty Dozen Crew

Rejection spent in masochism has always attracted me. Don't doubt any kind of wonky folkloric stories about the farmy hills in old countries. I've been meaning to look into the dates and whys as to how the laws of government change in an absurdist manner, compared to how they are delivered once the wrong hands or right hands.

13. tomcruisemom'sshoes

tomcruisemom'sshoes Member

14. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

"short, dark, with an underdeveloped beard was Jesus"

15. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Can't believe this (these?) threads are still going, like chain mail (just dated myself??)
    At least there appears to be some intellectual discussion to it