Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how hiphop is graffiti to you

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Chicken George, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Chicken George

Chicken George Member

i see alot of kids in here into graffiti that arnt really hiphop kids. to me graffiti is all into hiphop just becuase i got into graffiti through hiphop and iv alway associated graffiti with hiphop becuase of that.. how about you, how much of a role does hiphop play into your graff life?

2. asetONER

asetONER Member

3. pukey1

pukey1 Elite Member

same here

4. George Dubyah Bush

George Dubyah Bush Senior Member

Being the president i think there should be a strict rule on the amount of hip hop threads here........

......its been done sooOOO many timeS!

5. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

i listen to all kinds of music. i enjoy death metal a lot. right now im listening to piebald. and earlier i was looking for a dose one song while i copied a jets to brazil cd. then i went for a bike ride listening to old school hardcore as well as new school when my headphones broke so i came home and listened to aphex twin.

in other wordsm i dont view graffiti as a culture or a part of hip hop culture anymore. its an art form. artists like different kinds of music. what does it mtter.

peacer

------------------
    $$$666MAKROS666$$$

6. GRAFFITI HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE TO ME. EVEN BEFORE RAP MUSIC WAS CALLED"HIP HOP" AND ALL THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT GRAFFITI BEING A FUCKIN CULTURE... NIGGAS JUST ALWAYS DID IT. PEOPLE ALWAYS RAPPED(GHETTO PEOPLE ATLEAST)IE.MAHAMED ALI' THE FLAOT BLA BLA THING. SO FUCK THE CULTURE BULLSHIT. FUCK THE LABELING OF THINGS. FUCK THE UNITY AND THE UNIFICATION OF CULTURS...
    i think i like to do "graffiti" thats it

7. Chicken George

Chicken George Member

i dont think you took what i said how i ment it. i wasnt trying to promote graffiti as apart of hiphop culture i was just asking how much if any it is involved in it. like i said i got into graff through hiphop and all the kids i know into graff are really into hiphop. i guess kids took the wrong way. my bad jigga...bad question i guess. damn nigga stop trippin i aint bangin.

8. IM NOT SAYING THAT GRAFFITI IS PART OF ANYTHING GRAFFITI IS ITS OWN THING. FUCK TRYING TO CONNECT EVERYTHING AND LABELING EVERYTHING SO EVERYBODY CAN UNDERSTAND IT .. CUZ IT AINT FOR EVERYBODY AND EVERYBODY AINT FOR IT... I MEAN HIP HOP... THAT LABEL HIP HOP/...... THATS AN ILLUSION

9. Chicken George

Chicken George Member

yea i know...my question was for how you feel your personal opinion. i wasnt trying to ask people what label graffiti belongs too. this is gonna go no where so ill just close it. thanks anyways

10. Chicken George

Chicken George Member

well i guess i cant. oh well

11. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

well let me put it this way, myself included, many writers today got into this shit because of the presupposed myth that graffiti is an "element" of hiphop. the media glorified it that way back in the day, and it still holds today. ask any kid if graffiti is hiphop he'll say "yeah!".

i dont see whats so bad about, it creates more writers, and to last in this you have to be dedicated to it.. not many people stay toy forever.

you like that.

12. Comp

Comp Senior Member

i'm so emo, like andy dick

13. drizo

drizo Member

do you wear white belts. white belts are so sexy.

to me, since graffiti outdates hiphop and most of the writers i know arent "hiphoppers"
    i dont feel in anyway a part of the hiphop world. i do, however, like some hiphop, i just listen to alot more noise and death/black and regular metal and indie rock and noise rock and bluegrass and ambient and hardcore punk/techno and yadda yadda yadda....

[This message has been edited by drizo (edited 08-26-2001).]

14. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

hahaha....and makros speaks!!!

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

15. garcia_vega

garcia_vega Elite Member

graffiti doesn't have shit to do with hip hop. graffiti is not a part of "hip hop culture", and it pisses me off when people try to promote it like that. i could care less about going to some stupid fuckin b-boy summit to paint on some big pieces of masonite or some shit. they wanna make graf look like a side show or something. and i don't agree that it's cool because it creates more writers because i'd rather see writers who are into graffiti just to do graffiti, not because they want to be part of some fairy tale 4 elements culture that doesn't even exist.