George Romero's Land of the Dead

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This will be awesome, George Romero invented the zombie genre, well not really invented, but he made the best films in it. I was going to post this yesterday but 12oz was down for like 20 hours.

On a side note, he's also making a film about a zombie rock band that sounds horrible.

If your a hardcore zombie film buff, there is no compairing a new Romero film with any other zombie flick (recent or otherwise). He is the master, and an inspiration to all makers of zombie-related media since 1968. I am as excited for this as I am to see Episode III (yes, I am a huge nerd).

New Romero dead film = FUCKING HELL YES!!

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Apr 28 2005, 01:13 PM

hey weaponX.... did you know it was made in your (our) city?

I know a few people that worked on it too.

No, I actually never even heard of this until today. I know Dawn of the Dead was filmed in Thornhill (the mall pars, anyway), though. I'll make sure to look out for spots.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Apr 28 2005, 08:14 PM

I know Dawn of the Dead was filmed in Thornhill (the mall pars, anyway),

and the 'gun store' across the parking lot is actually a garden center south of King Street. Hell of a long way from Thornhill.

FUCK YES I WAS WAITING FOR THIS YES YES YES!!!!!

suuutch a big romero fan.own the trillogy and the remakes.

the guy who did the makeup for the original dawn and day directed the Night of the living dead remake and i thought it ruled...so he should direct another!

this movie is going to OWN sooo hard you dont een know it..

its placed alooong time after the take over...and i think its new jersey...they blocked the city off with a wall and used the river around the city to aid it...so all the humans are "trapped" inside (perposfully)..romero said the film will focus on the humans that have the job of running out into the zombie world to get wierd things for rich fuckers that run the town..like colone and shoes and stupid shit..along with food and what not.

STOOOOKED!!!!

oh and if you reeealy like zombies..i have been reading this book and its actually good!

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/zombiesurvivalguide/

the writer takes a some what serious note..but it is all a joke

I just watched the trailer.

does every new zombie movie (28 days later included) somehow

involve some kind of big truck with spiked bolted on to it driving

through swarms of zombies? That's getting a bit cliche.

Archived