Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Gangs of New York... year 3000

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Smart, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

So, I'm not proud, but, I happen to be watching Carson Daley... it's an interview with this documentary maker that chronicled the Bigge/Tupac fued... but... what I'm getting at...

in 100 years, is this the historical 'gang film' that the ultra respected director will recreate?

What's the biggest gangland/gangsta murder in your mind?

I know John Gotti fucked up my dinner plans at Sparks back around Xmas of '85...

2. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

How did he fuck up your dinner plans?

Gotti told my buddy that he was a "good egg" once.

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

he shot 'big paulie' a day before I was supposed to eat there... reservations are for shit when it turns to a murder scene

4. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

"When Big Paulie was arrested by the FBI after bugs planted in the mobsters home had provided several hours of recorded evidence, rumors began to circulate as to whether he would rat out fellow Gambino Family members, Gotti, now acting in lieu of Dellacroce who had recently died of brain cancer, decided it was time to plan Big Paulie's retirement. The set up was simple, since he had not been able to attend Aniello Dellacroce's funeral, Castellano was invited to Spark's Steakhouse, a regular hangout of his, where he was to meet with Dellacroce's son, and pay his respects. Little did he know it would be gunned down by two men, while John Gotti and Sammy Gravano watched from a nearby parked car."

Damn you, I'll be up all night reading gangster shit again.

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

In 100 years, we will live in a futuristic Utopian society complete with genetically modified flowers in our hair. The movie you speak of will be about that gang that wears blue uniforms and moustaches.

Cool story about the Paulie thing. Too bad you didn't have reservations at the right time so you could witness the affair from a distance.

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

No, but that's what I'm saying... like, they could just all watch New Jack City or Scarface or something but... there will be a new medium... some 3d hologram shit probably, and old films will be for old people...

What is the 'Historical' gangster movie (or WHAT?) their gonna make 100 years from now... as Scorcese did with the 1890's gangs...

7. Parted Ways

Parted Ways Banned

smart, do you go on AIM anymore? heh..

i remember watching new jack city when i was little. i saw boobies.

8. SleepAnDream

SleepAnDream Elite Member

im so lost in thsi thread, im sorry guy...maybe its late? maybe i just dont contain the mental capacity to give a semi-intelligent response...once again, im sorry...

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

actually, that turned out REAL cool, because instead we ate at some chinese place and walked down towards Battery Park and it was the final birck in the foundation, the time when I decided that even my stupid ass from the sticks needed to start getting out and getting up if I was ever gonna be a part of the graffitti scene... I saw crazy stuff on the streets and wheat pasting became an obvious avenue...

you know, I never analyzed it this deep but... damn...

I mean, on the surface, I also went to Tower records and bought punk rock in a main stream record store for the first time ever (Agnostic Front 'No Cause for Alarm' and SubHumAns 'The Day the Country Died')

Actually... I guess I should thank John Gotti...

weird, I have just reanalyzed my life from nearly 20 years ago... and I was a teenager then

I'm getting very old

10. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I meant that we will be in a Utopia, so the oppressive popo will be the subject of the movies. As in they will be glorified in their ridding the earth of criminal scum. The criminals featured in the film will be praised by the Irish, and the blacks and hispanics will emulate their police officer heroes of said historic film, and everything will be backwards.

Or maybe, since everyone and their weak cousins throw the word "gangsta" around like it's a pronoun, so society will be confused as to what exactly a gangster is.

11. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Now, that is a memory, gramps.

12. SleepAnDream

SleepAnDream Elite Member

me? im sorry, youll live, ive been up for almost two days, get over it. as i reread this thread and just not read the first and last three posts, i realize....im a dummy. ill be ok though. thank you, that is all.

13. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

14. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I saw GBH and Agnostic Front at the Handlebar in P'cola Florida '86

My friend's Ma won first prize at some T-shirt contest at work with his AF tour shirt... a bunch of naked people on meat hooks

15. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

yep, if it wasn't for Joker, I'd be KaBar's successor... (Thank you Joker)