Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Furniture, Light Fixtures and Interior Design

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by iloveboxcars, May 22, 2011.

1. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

I've always been a pretty big fan of furniture design and I figured others might also be interested. I will do what I can to keep this thread alive, but I'm hoping that it will take on a life of my own, as I get tired of babying threads (as you would notice if you read my surf/garage thread in ch0)

So anyway -- here's the deal with this thread. Post pictures of shit that belong indoors. Chairs, tables, lamps, desks, book cases and whatever else. Personal projects would be amazing, but I don't think anyone here does too much design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(i feel like i made this thread already, i may be wrong.. i couldnt find it.)

2. publicenemyno.3

publicenemyno.3 Elite Member

i almost made this exact thread yesterday. crazy.

my dad took up woodworking a few years ago and makes family members awesome stuff for birthdays and christmas. here are the awesome presents i have got for the last few years.

kitchen island and stools
    [​IMG]
    dining room table and refinished ice cream parlor chairs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cutting board on top of kitchen island
    [​IMG]
    coffee table
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    coat rack
    [​IMG]
    bookcase
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RUSO

RUSO Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    Banana fishd likes this.
  4. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

nice thread idea.

did your dad make all that stuff Publicenemy? If so, mad props to him, man I would love to be good at something like this, but dont have the time to ever learn something new like this or th money to support a hobby like this.

5. iloveboxcars

decy - i dont know about the uk, but in the us we have salvage wood yards, and the wood is usually pretty cheap. if you are interested you should check something like that out. start out simple and all you'll need is a hand saw, tape measure and a hammer.

6. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

Yea we have salvage/reclaimed timber places, but it still costs money and at the moment I only work job market is do bad my wife can't find work, so not really any spare cash for hobbies. Have spotted old bits of wood in skips etc which was tempted to use as canvas or maybe try carving something.

7. iloveboxcars

i can't edit my last post but i forgot to add a square to the tools you need.

and yeah - money is rough over here right now as well.

here's some light fixtures by Paul Henningsen (circa 1920)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. publicenemyno.3

he did. he's pretty talented at it but is humble about what he does. dude won't even sell what he makes, just gives it away to family. he went so far as to put an addition onto their house and dropped a ton on equipment to fill it with. i'm asking for a headboard and footboard for my wedding present. it should be ill.

9. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

I showed my wife those pics of the stuff your dad did, she was well impressed. Things like that bookcase sell for a lot, I have seen things that don't look better than his that sell for about £800 ($1500) easy.

10. Armani

Armani New Jack

An awesome furniture with little paintings reflects good contract over the visitors and relatives coming in home.My wife tell me about this to see and i see is really good....

11. Rolf Harris

Rolf Harris Senior Member

P.E your dads stuff looks really good...

i've got a few ideas for tables and stuff that i need to get cracking on. the lack of space is really the only issue...

ripped out a kitchen last month with solid oak doors, and i'm fuckin' kicking myself for not taking them away with me, i could've ripped them doon and laminated them together for something...

12. Soup forgot his password

Soup forgot his password Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    Rolf Harris likes this.
  13. publicenemyno.3

good shit soup, i dig the work you do.

new headboard that i got for christmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. topfloorbasement