Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

current economy and your freights

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by aztek4two1, Nov 25, 2001.

1. aztek4two1

aztek4two1 Member

have any of you noticed a recent decline in volume at your spots?
    just wondering to see if you all are having similar problems.

shoot it.

-kadeem hardisson

2. bigdork

bigdork Guest

yes! yards not as full, stuff not layed up as much, kids still paint and crush the few cars that are there, stupid, oh well

3. StemIgwt

StemIgwt Member

The security in my areas yards has been hightened. After 3 years of benching and stuff, i was stoped and IDed by a worker yesterday!

4. otto dix

otto dix Veteran Member

yards out this way are dry dry dry dry. word to the illest dwayne...unless you are looking for fat, classical music listening, robert duval looking railfans pissed about only catching 1 train in 4 hours.

5. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

6. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

suprisingly I've seen next to no impact on traffic around here. However, most of the industries served here are those whose demand is constant...staple products. Textiles, Lumber, etc.

7. oilcanloyd

oilcanloyd Guest

well... im happy to say that ive noticed the opposite round here,
    weve been getting alot of stuff i usually never see! lines dont stay too long ,wich is good for the most part but sucks if you want to get some flix in the AM . sorry bout yer shitty luck folks.:eek:

8. Mako

Mako Junior Member

were getting new road cars not frequent here, but its slower and the carlines made( forgot what the official name is) seem to stay around longer.

9. alabama

alabama Member

yeah....several of our favorite spots down here have been empty for quite some time....half of the night (sometimes the whole night) may be wasted trying to find something to paint on...

10. chester copperpot

chester copperpot Junior Member

over here things have been extremely dry since spring. main yards that usually have 12 lines have had a pretty consistant 3 or 4 lines for the last few months, not many holyrollers around like usual. a lot of the layups around town have been empty, and not as many live lines stop anymore. havn't really been able to do too much these past few months. the BN yards dont seem to have been effected like the UP ones though. strange that other cities are suffering as well, all these trains have to be hiding out somewhere, right ? has the west coast, canada, and the east coast been effected like the midwest and south ? ..

11. BIG T

BIG T Member

not much of a change around here...... the yards may look a little low, but i know all the spots they hide the trains:D

12. aztek4two1

aztek4two1 Member

thanks for the responses

13. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

out in mid west canada i guess you could say, things are busy as usual, lots of traffic, and lots of new stuiff weve never seen before, lot sof american stuff actually.

14. nocalfr8tr

nocalfr8tr Member

trains haven't been sticking around as long in northern cali. the railroad is trying to be better business men and get customers their product quicker, plus a lot of the trains are being parker in yards with higher security...i'll take what i can get, though.

15. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

my local yard is goin' down..other means of transporting goods has
    slowly beat down the rail company...its only a matter of time till it gets closed..