1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Cn flats

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Frate_Raper, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper 12oz Veteran Member

Cn flats

Discussion started by Frate_Raper - Oct 14, 2003

Man I get my chops busted on these fuckers........streaks,peices even a half car have been spotted or have come back buffed/stamped.I have no real beef with it it's a chance any car could catch the buff but those things get it the worst.

This year was the worst I caught a half car of mine buffed BUT THE TAG.It was more the irony of painting my 100th peice over the pre-stamped car.

fuckers

Bitch away

Frate_Raper - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. LEE_VING

LEE_VING 12oz Member

LEE_VING - Replied Oct 14, 2003

king of canada lol... gaynadian national

been gettin cn's since 94... they are a strange lot at best...i've seen this year, a peace roll back through from 96 and several others from like years. However, the new paint cn's seem to be becoming more and more prvailent. ive heard stories about the border crossing being an issue, but that seems to be incorrect. What i, in my humble opinion, take from it is that the lines we see most, centered in our region of the globe, that we see on a day to day and we paint as much as if more thanm others and that are pretty much local, within our quadrant of the us/canada. Seem, due to their frequencey in running and over abundancey to be buffed more than other lines. flat boxes csx,cn,bn, gvsr and up have in my experience always been hated upon for the buff by different kids across the us. However, the railbox company has been attempting to repaint it's line since the early nineties and it seems that it has had very little success at keeping them clean. in other words, paint what you get. i try to get the rare cars first, but will paint the old reliables if i have to. don't be disuaded by the buff. all cars will be buffed sooner or later. local cars seem to be buffed that much faster.

peace

LEE_VING - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper - Replied Oct 14, 2003

I'm not down on them or anything, I love em but I've noticed a huge trend.We joke about the boys in the yard wanting to kick nsf kids and my boys asses.We kill those fuckers!

4. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Oct 14, 2003

man, fuck them.. cn bought out our yard.... so consequently, we get a grip of em. i guess it's ok.. kinda nice to have something besides newsprints reliable... but i always avoided canuck cars on a whole.

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. Bosco

Bosco 12oz Member

Bosco - Replied Oct 15, 2003

Frate Raper,
    Im just curious do you know if CN is consolidating CN flats in a yard and then sending them to get repainted or are they doing the buffing as needed when the cars are in for service? Is CN actually buffing the cars or is CN contracting out work to companies that specialize in buffing cars?

Thats what happened down south, Railbox had about 200 cars routed to a local CSX yard, then the railboxes made their way south of the city to a company that was contracted by railbox to repaint the cars. It sucks, luckily I walked the lines and caught some real nice gems before they were gone for good...

Bosco - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. causinpanic

causinpanic 12oz Senior Member

causinpanic - Replied Oct 15, 2003

i would be quite upset to see one of my pieces buffed and still showin the tag. i would be upset to see anything buffed of mine. it breaks my heart.
    :dazed:

causinpanic - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper - Replied Oct 15, 2003

I wish I could answer you man, All I know is that I've gotten cars that still smell of the paint and whole lines at a time.I would love to find out where they're doing it just to go bench how many I'm lossing so I can hit twice the number.

I think it's a yard outside of toronto but I'm not sure cause I see the philly guys up a ton on them fresh fresh paints too.

8. Bosco

Bosco 12oz Member

Bosco - Replied Oct 15, 2003

These fresth repaints are they the new CN scheme w/ the internet address?

If so I would bet their just upgrading the fleet, trying to present a good corporate image to customers and the general public by taking older cars w/ faded paint and graf, and cleaning them up a bit. As long as your catching them freshly painted or stamped I'd say kill' em! Hope this helps...

Bosco - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper - Replied Oct 16, 2003

They've always been quick to buff but they'd leave spots not buffing the whole car.Yeah they are the WWW.CN.CA cars.I still catch the odd stamped car but mostly freshies.Yeah bro I kill them:)

10. rob deer

rob deer Guest

rob deer - Replied Oct 17, 2003

you have no idea what you're talking about. notice all the cn engines that come through. (havent's seen one here for never.) there's only 3 layups that get them boxes here and only 1 for straight cn flats. the others get cna/cn ridgies. very unimpressed.

11. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper - Replied Oct 17, 2003

You fellas would be VERY surpirsed at how often they get the play you deserve!
    I've been caught more in the u.s on flats then autoracks or anything else.I'd rather hit american lines too but begers can't be choser5s right? One night like 3 years ago when you could still trace cn by phone I called one after I got home.It was on it's way to Ohio.I don't know where you boys are at but they go down to the midwest on the reg.

12. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Oct 17, 2003

we noticed.

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. rob deer

rob deer Guest

rob deer - Replied Oct 18, 2003

you can thank me for some of those buff marks on some of those slightly old ones.

I sidebusted a kaws throw up on one back in 97 I remember, thinking I was so bad ass being in the yard by myself...

fucking toy.

"the thrill is gone..."

14. beestur.

beestur. Banned

beestur. - Replied Oct 19, 2003

^^ ha ha good one.

beestur. - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  15. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper - Replied Oct 20, 2003

HAHAHA I've seen you post my homies and myself in your spotting lists before.You fellas sick of em too?