Anyone familiar with POSE and CHACHI?

Guest Dr. Drew

Guest Dr. Drew

Can someone please identify the piece on the left?

Is it Pose or Chachi?

If it's NOT Pose or Chachi please explain to me in a logical manner either one of two:

1) That's style is completely original and looks nothing like Pose or Chachi. Please point out how it differs give me examples.

2) That's not a unique style developed by Pose, Chachi, and other Kansas City writers. Its not terribly original. Its common. Again give some examples.

I have no problem with the writer himself, i was just called an idiot that smokes crack for seeing similarities in style. I'm an open minded person so I'm here to learn. Please explain in a logical manner where this type of style comes from.

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/sweethearts/tite%20stuff.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

2) That's not a unique style developed by Pose, Chachi, and other Kansas City writers. Its not terribly original. Its common. Again give some examples.

KANSAS CITY? THOSE KIDS HOMETOWN IS CHICAGO .AND IF YOU LOOK AT MOST OF THE DC5 KIDS PEICES YOU WILL SEE THAT THEY FED OFF EACH OTHER WHEN THEY WHERE DEVELOPING THEIR STYLE

Guest 5th wheel

im sorry but i wouldnt compare none of that to kansas city....we got some of the most elite writers....and those arent very pretty to me.....somebody make this post and post some pose and chachi....then we can compare..(sorry i cant post).....

i wrote out a pretty analytical reply, but decided i sounded like a big dong/douchebag so i deleted it. i can see a similarity with pose in the way the piece on the left flows, but nothing else.... those letters (i can't really make em out at all) don't make me think pose whatsoever... chachi either. and absolutely none of it looks even remotely like any sever.msk.awr piece i've ever seen....

Guest Pilau Hands

chicago

as an outsider, i see some similarities in other chicagoan's styles, and of course, other dc5 members...http://www.hotheadz.org

Kefa...from what i saw on the site, this guy has a nice range of styles. But do these particular pieces reflect the similarity you're talking about?

http://www.hotheadz.org/wallspace/urbanizedart/legal/legal_11_6_01/kefacabwall.jpg'>

http://www.hotheadz.org/wallspace/urbanizedart/legal/legal_11_13_01/kefayellowhthdprk.JPG'>

I understand, there is somewhat of a similarity. Those flics are in another post, I forgot who though. Pose isn't a local writer so I'm not exposed to his work, that's why at first glance I thought " Ill Kids." The edges on both are jagged but Pose's stuff is concentrated in a block of sorts. These pieces seem to thin out and there's gaps in between. Screw it, let's not start another " Sigh and Geso war here."

Guest rolldafukout

i could see how a bunch of internet "graffiti viewers, not writers" could see how it might look like some illkids style, but come on, i could name a shit load of writers that have 1. thin bars in they're pieces 2. they're pieces flow all over the wall 3. they're all choped and cut up. these guy's pieces have been looking like this for a while now.

Originally posted by rolldafukout

i could see how a bunch of internet "graffiti viewers, not writers" could see how it might look like some illkids style, but come on, i could name a shit load of writers that have 1. thin bars in they're pieces 2. they're pieces flow all over the wall 3. they're all choped and cut up. these guy's pieces have been looking like this for a while now.

this is how u spell there!

Archived