1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Anyone familiar with POSE and CHACHI?

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by Dr. Drew, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Dr. Drew

Dr. Drew Guest

Anyone familiar with POSE and CHACHI?

Discussion started by Dr. Drew - Jan 31, 2002

Can someone please identify the piece on the left?

Is it Pose or Chachi?

If it's NOT Pose or Chachi please explain to me in a logical manner either one of two:

1) That's style is completely original and looks nothing like Pose or Chachi. Please point out how it differs give me examples.

2) That's not a unique style developed by Pose, Chachi, and other Kansas City writers. Its not terribly original. Its common. Again give some examples.

I have no problem with the writer himself, i was just called an idiot that smokes crack for seeing similarities in style. I'm an open minded person so I'm here to learn. Please explain in a logical manner where this type of style comes from.

[​IMG]

2. Skye

Skye New Jack

Skye - Replied Jan 31, 2002

i ant really fellin those flixs i dont really like that kinda style

Skye - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. SeYnO9

SeYnO9 12oz Member

SeYnO9 - Replied Jan 31, 2002

dont digg it man!

SeYnO9 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Jan 31, 2002

player please...

5. TED NUGENT

TED NUGENT 12oz Senior Member

TED NUGENT - Replied Jan 31, 2002

2) That's not a unique style developed by Pose, Chachi, and other Kansas City writers. Its not terribly original. Its common. Again give some examples.

KANSAS CITY? THOSE KIDS HOMETOWN IS CHICAGO .AND IF YOU LOOK AT MOST OF THE DC5 KIDS PEICES YOU WILL SEE THAT THEY FED OFF EACH OTHER WHEN THEY WHERE DEVELOPING THEIR STYLE

TED NUGENT - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. 5th wheel

5th wheel Guest

5th wheel - Replied Jan 31, 2002

im sorry but i wouldnt compare none of that to kansas city....we got some of the most elite writers....and those arent very pretty to me.....somebody make this post and post some pose and chachi....then we can compare..(sorry i cant post).....

7. KRAUT

KRAUT 12oz Junior Member

KRAUT - Replied Jan 31, 2002

Looks like a sever awr style to me...but I don't know anything. I just mean the very thin arrows and stuff...;)

KRAUT - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  8. dumpybottom

dumpybottom 12oz Member

dumpybottom - Replied Feb 1, 2002

i wrote out a pretty analytical reply, but decided i sounded like a big dong/douchebag so i deleted it. i can see a similarity with pose in the way the piece on the left flows, but nothing else.... those letters (i can't really make em out at all) don't make me think pose whatsoever... chachi either. and absolutely none of it looks even remotely like any sever.msk.awr piece i've ever seen....

dumpybottom - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. Dr. Drew

Dr. Drew Guest

Dr. Drew - Replied Feb 1, 2002

oh well, it just reminded me of this style. if no one else sees it, i guess i'm just tripping. sorry, no dis to anyone, i didn'y know they were chicago either, i became familiar with them when in KC

[​IMG]

10. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

Pilau Hands - Replied Feb 1, 2002

chicago

as an outsider, i see some similarities in other chicagoan's styles, and of course, other dc5 members...http://www.hotheadz.org

Kefa...from what i saw on the site, this guy has a nice range of styles. But do these particular pieces reflect the similarity you're talking about?

http://www.hotheadz.org/wallspace/urbanizedart/legal/legal_11_6_01/kefacabwall.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.hotheadz.org/wallspace/urbanizedart/legal/legal_11_13_01/kefayellowhthdprk.JPG'>

11. HomerJayII

HomerJayII 12oz Member

HomerJayII - Replied Feb 1, 2002

I understand, there is somewhat of a similarity. Those flics are in another post, I forgot who though. Pose isn't a local writer so I'm not exposed to his work, that's why at first glance I thought " Ill Kids." The edges on both are jagged but Pose's stuff is concentrated in a block of sorts. These pieces seem to thin out and there's gaps in between. Screw it, let's not start another " Sigh and Geso war here."

HomerJayII - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. Harpo Marx

Harpo Marx 12oz Senior Member

Harpo Marx - Replied Feb 1, 2002

that white one's mad fly diggidy yo.

Harpo Marx - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. Goat Head

Goat Head New Jack

Goat Head - Replied Feb 1, 2002

Chicago?!

Pose is from Evanston...ha ha.....

Goat Head - Rank: New Jack - Messages: