Anti-War Activist Subpoenas Ashcroft and Rove

metallix

Anti-War Activist Subpoenas Ashcroft and Rove

Long-time anti-war activist Brent Bursey, 55, sent subpoenas to Attorney General Ashcroft and Karl Rove to appear at his trial next week, in a case that has come to epitomize the contentious battle for free speech emerging under the Bush Administration.

The controversy dates to October 2002, when local authorities in South Carolina arrested Bursey at Columbian Metropolitan Airport, where Bush was scheduled to arrive that day, for holding a sign that read "No More War For Oil." He was charged with trespassing, although he was on public property, because he had not been standing in the "free-speech zone" specially designated for protesters. Consistent with similar policies surrounding Bush?s appearances across the country, the protesters were confined to an area over half a mile from the airport, where their message was unlikely to be seen or heard by the President. Bursey told police he had been under the impression that the whole of America was a free speech zone.

http://thewinds.arcsnet.net/images/firec.jpg'>

• 4 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my free speach zone is the bathroom. Although i do have to put pennies in the "swaer" jar if my speach get too "FREE".

Bosh (as they called him in Irag) supported and pushed legislation through in texas allowing you to be heald for 72 hours before being formally charged with anything. He is a facist/idiot/ elitest Oil fuck.

minors dont have free speech at all. the times my friends and i have been suspended or givin detention for telling the princible to stop spending so much of our limited funding on the meathead jocks that beat me up is many.....or am i just bitching again?

I hate school and all my teachers, and ill get suspended for saying that too

Archived