๐Ÿ”Š The Speakers Thread ๐Ÿ”Š

T4M*

๐Ÿ”Š ๐Ÿ”ˆ Any speakers are welcomed. From Bluetooth to DJ to Soundbars to PC, let's see them!

ย 

JBL Xtreame 3

ย 

Screenshot_20240119_230743.thumb.jpg.957e395e72c33b4d04c35778fb93b6b4.jpg

ย 

* Great for adventures

* It was allowed in most events, I play music when I'm in line for something

* Surrounds you with great quality sound and people will take notice

* You can hear bass waves, but only indoors

* Handy for pool parties, picnic, grilling,ย  car shop, barn

* Line IN for other applications

* Good Battery, lasts all day

ย 

ย 

ย 

JBL Party Box 110

ย 

Screenshot_20240119_230908.thumb.jpg.c1c934559e4ac3c2414d03684652ceee.jpg

InShot_20240119_231955501.gif.c3de0156da1036f567333e95951d265a.gif

* Small tower, packs a punch

* Bass thumps, will bother some neighbors

* Light show for the night or day

* App offers extra sound features.

* Used for small house parties, amp Movies, Shows, and Video Games

* Ideal from people that play instruments,ย  has inputs and gain knobs in the back

ย 

ย 

SONY GTX - XB5

ย 

Screenshot_20240119_231003.thumb.jpg.024b587843f06639fe213acdbc79c30b.jpg

ย 

* Two of them, multi purposes

* Sound quality great, not very loud

* Bass made for quality.

* Has Line IN and OUT

* Located behind my couch , so far good for video gaming.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by T4M*
  • Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I got one of those little JBL janks. Iโ€™ll post a pic later. It does have some bump to it.

ย 

My friends all rock with Turtleboxes, they synch them up for surround sound at the beach. They seem to be really great quality and hold up to salt and sand. $400ish is a bit steep though.

• Like 2

I noticed name brands that make portable/mobile speakers took away some of the Input Slots that some people still use:

ย 

Screenshot_20240123_071124_eBay.thumb.jpg.b28aa6b2972697caa889e94a9d186a6f.jpg

ย 

The input are:

ย 

*SD Cards

*USB Drives

*RCAs

ย 

I was asked to search a speaker with those inputs and found this:

ย 

Screenshot_20240123_071225_eBay.thumb.jpg.e2fee2bb0def2d06071552da55d69304.jpg

ย 

ย 

If you notice the digital screen,ย  most products that have that are the cheap shit.ย  This one comes in at $115, with a bunch of tuning stuff. It has been ordered.

ย 

If you are looking for something cheap, but want the product to still shine,ย  spend about $100-$150. So far, I have been lucky with other products at that range. I bought two speakers like this for a quick DJ and the $350 some speakers (2) did all right and they were loud. Sold them, and upgraded.

ย 

The Speaker is a 15" with Tweeter.ย  Can be chained to any other speaker.ย  It is rechargeable, comes with wheels/handle. It is being used for a small application,ย  but this thing is ment for parties:

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.24c38362d09141bfbac44854959ef976.jpeg

ย 

I don't expect the Bass to be all that. Everything else should be dead on. Can't wait to try it out.

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's time to Upgrade my car battery and about to drop some good money on it to make my sound system louder.

ย 

I will be upgrading my Alpine Subwoofer with a Skar one some time. At the moment, I'm fixing this box and applying vynal to make it more sturdy.ย  You will see the vynal on the left side, top plate will be painted black.

ย 

ย 

#tooldrip

ย 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^

ย 

Sexi.

ย 

On 2/19/2024 at 10:06 PM, LUGR said:

Yo, @T4M*, any recommendations for a semi budget friendly receiver and speakers to plug my tables into? Thatโ€™s the main thing holding me up from subscribing to your scratch school video series. I got rid of my old one during a move.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Better get these quick, on sale now.

ย 

Screenshot_20240221_071625_Firefox.thumb.jpg.00c2f7e13f87b617c5ffb4159d52cf82.jpg

Edited by T4M*
  • Like 1

ย 

ย 

I would stay away from receivers, you add up more wires. Depending on budget number, I can recommend other self amp speakers.

ย 

The receiver is only fancy with the multiple inputs and maybe EQ features.ย  If you need multiple things hooked up to the speakers, there's cheaper options.

ย 

@LUGR

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T4M* said:

ย 

ย 

I would stay away from receivers, you add up more wires. Depending on budget number, I can recommend other self amp speakers.

ย 

The receiver is only fancy with the multiple inputs and maybe EQ features.ย  If you need multiple things hooked up to the speakers, there's cheaper options.

ย 

@LUGR

Iโ€™m just going to hook the turntables up to this, so self amp speaker could be good. I just want to be able get this set up working for living room mixing and scratch sessions.

ย 

thanks

On 2/21/2024 at 5:24 AM, T4M* said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

@LUGR

What other self amp cheaper options? I need help! I want to scratch but donโ€™t know what to do!?

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

Lol it was an acknowledgement that I read your comment. I got you, but for now,ย  better tap in on this, has everything you need

ย 

Screenshot_20240224_161738_Firefox.thumb.jpg.2e7794b5a89efbc08ed171ae63bed2e7.jpg

ย 

Im the drug dealer of speakers,ย  call me "The Plug".

ย 

I'll investigate more later.

ย 

@LUGR

• Props 1

3 hours ago, T4M* said:

Lol it was an acknowledgement that I read your comment. I got you, but for now,ย  better tap in on this, has everything you need

ย 

Screenshot_20240224_161738_Firefox.thumb.jpg.2e7794b5a89efbc08ed171ae63bed2e7.jpg

ย 

ย 

ย 

@LUGR

Thanks! Those look much better than the one I just looked at Guitar Center.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 2:23 PM, T4M* said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

@LUGR

Whatโ€™s the word?

ย 

Anything else I should consider before I order these?

2 hours ago, T4M* said:

These I found :

ย 

Screenshot_20240307_143745_Firefox.thumb.jpg.1d2f1e21d55f5b0cd4c043a4a0a8f3ca.jpg

ย 

ย 

All other speaker were higher in price. The pioneers and Rockville are up for grabs. The 12" set is the best choice.

ย 

@LUGR

ย 

ย 

Yeah, the 12โ€ are the way to go out of those two. Thanks for the help. Iโ€™m going to order today.

ย 

Pretty excited to see how it sounds with new needles and speakers. I have never really had these set up decent, always been half assed.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, T4M* said:

Lol they are going to thump that room up! What about that bluetooth speaker, any good ?

ย 

@LUGR

I havenโ€™t peeped it too thoroughly. Seems alright, pretty small. I didnโ€™t even hook the big speakers up yet. Just set them on the stands. Had some other shit I had to do. Iโ€™ll check everything out tomorrow when I have more time.

ย 

Thanks again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ndv said:

You better not let osha see this or the only spinning you'll be doing is community service tutorials.

ย 

ย 

Screenshot_20240316_160520.jpg

You got a better solution? That was given to me a long time ago and I had never used it. Saved me trip to the store.

ย 

Just hooked the speakers up and they are dope. Bluetooth capability is awesome. Not sure I will ever use them to their full potential though. These thingโ€™s definitely have that bump.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LUGR said:

You got a better solution? That was given to me a long time ago and I had never used it. Saved me trip to the store.

ย 

I don't - I am just messing with you.ย 

ย 

Enjoy the new speakers and have fun.ย 

• Like 1

Hmmmmmโ€ฆ..need help with EQ and levels.

ย 

Cant get them to sound right with the turntables. Sounds pretty hollow. Any pointers on where my settings should be? Bluetooth sounds fine.

ย 

Spent some time messing with itโ€ฆ..

ย 

I think I need to run RCA from mixer master output into Line In on the back of the speaker. Probably noob problems. Donโ€™t have those cables right now.

ย 

Whatโ€™s your thought @T4M*?

D4D02A18-AA34-4E89-B3F1-87274106F2CF.jpeg

Itโ€™s weird, I have the โ€œlineโ€ button selectedโ€ฆ.so it should work, I think. But the baby speaker I was using as a temp sounds so much more full. Iโ€™m going to run and buy some RCA cables.

19 minutes ago, T4M* said:

Press the EQ button and see what it does. Maybe it's a filter button.

ย 

@LUGR

Iโ€™ll mess with it more tomorrow. I tried pressing EQ earlier and it didnโ€™t seem to do anything, but directions did say it had some preset EQโ€™s.

ย 

Can you school me a bit on EQ settings? The directions for speakers say to not set volumes over 75%. ย Have bass and treble on back of speakers and bass, treble and mods on mixer also. I always just set them by ear but donโ€™t really know if I am maximizing the sound. Also have master volume, gain and the vertical volume slide for each channel on the mixer.