The Last....

Mauler5150

....material item I wish to "own" in my life is....

......this

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/374678135812?hash=item573c8ea404:g:FLMAAOSwvQ1kR4DQ

If only to make up for the original bronze pair I owned that flew off of the neck of my shirt whilst I went on a spinning swing ride at a day rave I attended in 2010 or so, the most recent black on black pair I bought as it was the very last pair of the discontinued line the Oakley store had during a trip with my wife to Melbourne during the spring racing season which disappeared when I left it on a table with work colleagues to have a piss at a pub, the emerald lensed pair I had that vanished from the loungeroom table after my gay half brother had some crackhead over to smoke meth with him in the early AM hours, and the half of the blue lensed pair I lost when I was doing my half Romeo/half Juliet identity politics self memeing as the other lens magically detached from the nosebridge pin somehow as I did a "Solid Snake" roleplay to fuck with people.

If you can't tell, I have a great attachment to My Oakley Juliets, as not only have I bought 4 pairs of them (which is 1/5th of the value of this golden pair) but I have worn them for 25 years as of next year so they have been like a part of "Me" which is now missing.

And I will be getting these 24k gold versions before I die, as to Me, these sunglASSEs represent more than just the superficial sum of their parts, but rather a crucial and defining aspect of Me and my character and personality as an uncompromising and discerning indivdual who loves what he loves for reasons far deeper than the outward aesthetic would indicate.

If I could add more files to illustrate how I have has these sunglasses with Me through the ups and downs of adulthood over the decades as I traversed the globe in the different incarnations of them I possesssed and legitimately acquired only for them to end up wherever, pisses me off no end to think that some scumbag has either sold them for drugs or has found the half of a pair I lost and intended to fix only to have zero use for them without the other half.

As such, this is the ONLY material object I desire in this lifetime of mine, and whilst I would be more than content with one of my lost pairs getting returned to Me, I would rather get the Golden pair to see this world as being better than the place whereby I had 2.5 pairs vanish due to the actions of other people whom I share this world with. Plus it would shield others from incurring the full spectrum of my scorn towards the fact I'm deprived of my ability to protect them from my Thermonuclear lazer eyes due to my sunglasses being taken from me. Yet given this, I'll happily "Cyclops" or "Superman" lazer eye any asshole with the full extent of "The Sun" Xmen style from now on guilt free given my 4 attempts and $2000 sacrificed to save people from such a fate has been squandered.

Feel free to put up whatever materialistic object you desire or intend to own in this life, and feel free to spare no expense.

IMG_1643.jpeg

IMG_1657.jpeg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
14 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

I had my last Ray-Bans for 5+ years which was a solid run.

Recently lost to the ocean while snorkeling. 

Any solid recommendations on sunglasses guys?

I have a pair of Heat Waves but they are more to troll with while driving. 

Truthfully I'm not going to be of much help in this regard, as in the following months of my sunglasses magically splitting (as you can see in the attached pic the stud on the missing half is still perfectly lodged in the nosebridge and the missing half which isn't pictured, has the full attaching piece with circular hole for the stud), I have subsequently broken 4 pairs of sunglasses and a pair of 3D glasses I used to cut down nighttime glare as I watxh Youtube in bed.

And I can no longer recommend Oakleys for no longer offering the tuneup servicing of X metal frames which lead to the problem of my frames breaking into 2 pieces fo begin with (as gaskets inbetween the titanium pieces wear out over time).

All in all I learned that I need super solid metal frames that will last me, as I break plastic shit too easily after being able to throw my titanium Juliets around without worry for the past 25 years. 

I went to the Oakley stores to even replace a piece of the Flak jackets 1.0s My brother lent me which I lost due to sitting on them accidently, only to be told I can't replace it, and that the 2.0 generation is all one piece. Online forums seem to indicate this is due to a takeover by Luxxotica and a decline in the brand, but overall I have nothing but positive things to say about their products except for this dwindling in support of what I would say is a "lifelong customer" like myself who invested into $500 frames back in 1999 which was a fuckload of money for the 18 year old, broke, unemployed uni student I was at the time getting $180 a fortnight to live off of as my government study allowance.

And I think glasses and sunglasses and the frame types are so specific to the individual and their head and face shape that it is hard to recommend any specific style beyond going to a place and trying a load of glasses on to see what you jive with.

Whilst typing this, the memory of my friend and I going to Harrods and trying on all tbe designer frames only for me to not care about any of them beyond My Juliets is a sad thing to reflect on.

Anyway I didn't want this thread to go the route of being focused on one thing, but rather I wanted to see what other's want in their life as with the life experience of the collective here, perhaps our combined knowledge could help in the acquisition of said goods.

5 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

I had my last Ray-Bans for 5+ years which was a solid run.

Recently lost to the ocean while snorkeling. 

Any solid recommendations on sunglasses guys?

I have a pair of Heat Waves but they are more to troll with while driving. 

I don’t think you are supposed to wear sunglasses snorkeling.

Get some Maui Jim’s or Costa glass lens shades.

I rock World Cup Maui Jim’s and Fantail Costa’s. Those models fit my nose the best.

I think the Maui Jim’s have better finish. Of course they cost more though.

I like the direction this thread is heading, although I expected to be paid out for wanting a pair of $10K+ sunglasses as the fact is that the sentimental value to my core identity of my "self" is worth way more than $10k symbolically.

Plus I wonder how durable these Matthew Luke O’Brien ones are to the oretty much indestruuctible titanium variety?

4 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I am eagerly anticipating y2k design to be en vogue again. So many risks were taken. 

IMG_1903.png

Whilst I would never have worn these back then, I totally would rock them now if only to troll people. Would I rock a Dennis Rodman inspired bleached haircut in the process? As I did it in the 90s when he was still on the Spurs, probably.

I think that the risks taken in design back then reflect my view that humans peaked in the 1990s and ever since we have been devolving as a species due to technology eroding our face to face relationships, our privacy, and our freedom (due to being contactable 24/7) as well as design since then all being rehashes of decades prior from the 60s forwards.

This is why I wish I was a billionaire, just so I could commission a "church" of sorts that would be constructed like those of the past, albeit with the design cues that are original or at least reflective of the Y2K futurism era with the focus being on quality without concern for how long it takes to create.  Again a Man can not only dream, but hold the residents of the simulation accountable for their desire to build rectangular glass coffins that stretch into the sky as they iterate how conformist and brain dead the species creative capacity has become, with the only real architecture risk I recall seeing is the cruise ship on top of two buildings in Singapore.

Is that really the best we have to offer?