bad brands/ colors

jah

.....maybe........

Originally posted by ASER1NE

Yo CAPS , your continual marketing scheme is getting annoying , yes we all know you sell montana , whoo hoo , but this isnt an advertisement board..........if you wanna drop the ads and just contribute to the forum then fine , but please dont use everyone of your posts to hype your own site

This is only the 2nd or 3rd time and what I said was relevant to the conversation. Your rite on my site hype but man we are just trying to get the site out cause the paint is cheap. Anyway, I'll refrain UNLESS it's relevant.

CAPS.... just tryin to do BIDNESS

http://sprapex.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest professor poopatronic

hey caps are you by any chance willing to trade montanas for other supplies or anything else really? i'd be prepared to give you quite a good deal.

Originally posted by chozer

as long as the can is over half full, ive found that rusto products work just fine.

ny thins work fine on them....

ur trippin about the ny thins workin on em. they work to a certain extent on american accents but ive never been able to get a phantom to work on a rusto can. german thins.

ive been usin mostly monatana and its fuckin tight. i dont even know what tips im usin for the outlines but the lines come out thin and smooth as fuck. theyre black with a little yellow sprayhole or whatever the fuck u graff techs call em. im sure its a common tip ive just never used em before and i didnt bother to ask what it was. black and yellow tho...

get some!

i always thought krylon satin was doper than krylon gloss because its thicker but i guess some people dissagree. krylon purples (dark purple and grape) fade hella quick too. depending on what colors u use them with they will turn blue or gray.

Guest Media OEC

I have always hated the orange and yellow wal mart brand. The yellow spits so bad and would usually just explode on me. Although about a month ago I did a piece with both roange and yellow colorplace. The yellow came out real nice but the orange was too watery and looked runy. I really like Osha by Krylon. I bought some today as a matter of fact.

All this Montana marketing is kinda lame. I've used lots of it and Montana must not care about their product very much. I get cans with absolutely no pressure, cans that break their seals and shit sprays everywhere, cans that have way too much pressure and spray like fatcaps with the german stock. It's stupid. Krylon takes more pride in their product. I guess it must be great paint if all you use are rusto fats.

Rustoleum and Belton Molotow are the only paints worth using. Krylon Utra Flat Black, too.

..RIGHT.........

Originally posted by HAL

I've used lots of it and Montana must not care about their product very much. I get cans with absolutely no pressure, cans that break their seals and shit sprays everywhere, cans that have way too much pressure and spray like fatcaps with the german stock. Krylon takes more pride in their product.

You must be using knock off Montana. There is such a thing. Also, Krylon has NO PRIDE in there product or they wouldn't have chin-ced out on the recipe a few year ago and started using less toner in there product. It use to be king, I still love terracotta and rose satin.(old round and flatball) BUT NOW THEY SUCK! Watery garbage. Montana from SPAIN destroys all. Belton is cool but to watery for my taste. The burner chromes from belt are HOT tho. Montana is like MUD. Sticks and no drips.

CAPS...... he knows what he speaks of.

the funny thing is, Quick Color is actually made by our friends at Rustoleum (or at least sold by RPM).. Rusto fans hold your heads and keep that shit on the shelf!

Krylon takes a lot of pride in their product, but they can get by with cheaper quality paint, so why should they care? Diversified Brands still sells what was once America's #1 paint and can do it with a lower cost. HALvatore is right- commercially it's a matter of consistent production, not paint quality. of course, it seems like they also don't care that Rusto has usurped 99% of their industry position. since SWP/Diversified owns everyone anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if Krylon tapers off enough in the next 20 years that they just kill off the brand and do something else.

i've said it before, but i'd rather use paint that's made by respected (US) paint manufacturers [which happens to also be high quality AND widely available] instead of a product that sells itself as being graffiti-specific and deemed 'down with the culture'. what did KRS say? "rely on talent, not marketing and promotion".

i really doubt that i'll ever get a bootleg can of American Accents.

Re: ..RIGHT.........

Originally posted by CAPS

You must be using knock off Montana. There is such a thing. Also, Krylon has NO PRIDE in there product or they wouldn't have chin-ced out on the recipe a few year ago and started using less toner in there product. It use to be king, I still love terracotta and rose satin.(old round and flatball) BUT NOW THEY SUCK! Watery garbage. Montana from SPAIN destroys all. Belton is cool but to watery for my taste. The burner chromes from belt are HOT tho. Montana is like MUD. Sticks and no drips.

CAPS...... he knows what he speaks of.

no hes not using knock off montana. i had my first bad experience with a montana can yesterday. i tried to put a cap in and it just started oozing out the top and so i cleared it and tried again and it the tip wouldnt go on and it just started spraying all over the place. that shit pissed me off hella much too cuz it was my outline 3d color and i didnt have a backup can. luckily i met a cool writer down there that had the same color in belton and he kicked me the can.

Re: Montana blows goats!

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

It just sucks. the colors are nice, but just getting it out of the poxy can is the problem. Its the worst for overspray, when its actually sprays at all.

_____________>Proline is your only man!

no it actually works hella good most of the time. it goes on smooth, has virtually no overspray, and the tips that come with em make sharp lines. they just dont handle good in the cold.

Guest sneak

how easy is it for u americans to get montana paint? i think its specially designed for writers..the silver is the dogs bolloks...ie the best

Well......................................dahmit

Can I say it here mod? Smart? Can I?

sprapex.com

That's where I get my Montana in the states.

CAPS.... hope this was coy enough cause he asked.

Archived