Toy painters thread

EGGZ

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

Let’s just take a moment to appreciate what a couple of months of dedication, experimentation, listening to advice and applying that advice can accomplish. Keep it up @EGGZ!

0CC9DE25-C5C6-4CAD-A3A9-E26CC5D1B508.png

64E5F4AD-A2C9-406D-A338-D86AA561786E.jpeg

But, please fix that lean 😂!

Haha thanks man. It's one thing getting told your toy stuff is good by family, but when you get props from actual writers who paint it mean alot more truth wise anyway.

I will throw down some hand styles l, but I've never actually done them alot with cans. Flares look cool and something I'd like to learn. Still a long way to go.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Tried this with a fat cap only. Struggle st for sure. I'm going to try and stay consistent with my caps and cans. Atleast for outlines anyway.. 

Also got a crazy lean haha. Tried a different approach. Will deff have to mark out my next one I think..

20220618_172920.jpg

• Props 1

5 hours ago, EGGZ said:

Tried this with a fat cap only. Struggle st for sure. I'm going to try and stay consistent with my caps and cans. Atleast for outlines anyway.. 

Also got a crazy lean haha. Tried a different approach. Will deff have to mark out my next one I think..

20220618_172920.jpg

1 step forward 2 steps backward….but you learned something.

• Like 1

Used a New York Fat for the whole piece. Disregard the wack background haha. Something else I really need to work on.

I am however very happy with the progress of my lettering. I tried to measure it out with dots.

Lemme know what y'all think.

20220620_170155.jpg

• Like 1

Serious advice is to just worry about making a clean basic outline. When piecing in real spots, it’s rare that you want to waste any extra time on a background. The letters are what matters. Worry about those first then anything extra will come with time.

Edited by Dark_Knight
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

I’d also say simplify your letters. Added things such as these aren’t important in your stage. Clean straights with some minimal funk. Don’t overthink it and let time take it’s course. This is all opinion tho. Do you. At the end of the day just be happy with your own work. 

2F2031D5-5FB7-409D-ADE1-28C2BC3FC9A6.jpeg

19897A25-2E28-4F38-AF33-EF5D4884CB18.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I like this G. Just do two of these instead of making the second one different. 

A81351FD-AA80-45A0-967F-378859C1DB9F.jpeg

Yo thanks man.

Just a heads up if anyone's wondering why I've gone quiet. I've moved to the otherside of Australia over 4000 kilometres. So yeah still planning to get another wall up in the next month or so. .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EGGZ said:

Yo thanks man.

Just a heads up if anyone's wondering why I've gone quiet. I've moved to the otherside of Australia over 4000 kilometres. So yeah still planning to get another wall up in the next month or so. .

We just figured you quit and moved on to Pokémon Go or something.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 4