NASCAR's L.A. Coliseum track will cost $1 million to build; Temporary track will fill the historic stadium

KILZ FILLZ

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/nascars-l-a-coliseum-track-1-million-build

DE2E4AA0-ADCE-4765-AE4E-20A793944EF9.thumb.webp.5a4688466c81c644227b1b717c8d68e5.webp

NASCAR's first race of 2022 will be held on a temporary asphalt track being built on top of the football field at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum for the first time and the price to pull it off has been estimated at over $1 million.

NASCAR's Vice President of Marketing Services Patrick Rogers confirmed the figure Sports Business Journal's Adam Stern ahead of the start of construction this week.

The pavement will cover the entire infield of the historic stadium and provide a quarter-mile track that will host several qualifying and heat races ahead along with main event during the  Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum over the weekend of Feb 6-7.

While the price may sound high for a disposable track, Bristol Motor Speedway CEO Marcus Smith told the Associated Press that his venue spent $2 million to convert it to a dirt surface for the spring race held there this year.

It's also not the first time a paved track has been built at the Coliseum. The Stadium Super Trucks series laid down asphalt on part of the infield for an event in 2013.

NASCAR should be able to recoup the costs with a sell-out, however, as the Coliseum holds 78,000 fans and ticket prices run from $65 to $866.

Along with the racing, rapper Pitbull will be performing a 45-minute concert before the final. Pitbull is part-owner of the Trackhouse Racing team that will field cars for Daniel Suarez and Ross Chastain in 2022. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I still can't picture it in my mind. And I'm curious if this will be one time or yearly? Ive been to a football game there and it's a small area. Also no parking lot around it, it's on USC campus so no tailgating or the big trailers selling merch. Will be interesting. 

I’ve been to four or five nascar races at Fontana and they are a good time. 

BD907677-CBA8-4D5E-AAF8-E27C2174EA58.png

That's not even a full sized track.  That's NASCAR lite.... leave it to Californians to spend a bunch of money on something mediocre in comparison to what others have.  Look at the cost of land there for proof.

Also fox news story.... this is definitely a far right wing trump conspiracy theory and part of "The Big Lie" (lolololol @ anyone that legit thinks like this).

• LOL! 1

Nobody who's ever seen a NASCAR race live sleeps on this shit, shame so many people do though. Sounds like a nice little "once in a lifetime" event to witness to me. As little as $65 too. Probably worth paying extra to huff more fumes close up, and really feel that shit.

Never met a broke motherfucker that's into NASCAR. This shit correlates directly with high demand technical skills. If your kids not into the books, you could roll the dice and encourage jock strap sports, but getting them into motorsports (especially the tech side) almost guarantees above averageness will be a low bar for them in life. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1