ROCK & ROLL HOF

One Man Banned

https://www.rockhall.com

Does anyone care about the HOF?  Def controversial, but I wonder if some of that is from fans not being as involved in voting.  This year's nominees have been announced and voting is open to fans for the next month I believe.  Some nominees you may or may not give a shit about:

DEVO

image.thumb.png.faf4b2c988a9691075c297c6a90648c8.png

RATM

image.thumb.png.d193fb880dde1c92bf13066d45d1d48c.png

THE GO-GO'S

image.thumb.png.126dd6c7b03d83fa59acb3f17c5ebd24.png

TINA TURNER

image.thumb.png.f887e5f90492b785ea0b8734b4846adc.png

FOO FIGHTERS

image.thumb.png.83c9ba4d58d064811a2b7a4199ac869b.png

1177372299_ScreenShot2021-03-26at5_21_33PM.thumb.png.ce2414c075f545ecf1df3b1f573812c3.png

I'm a Howard Stern fan and some of the guys from the show vote for nominees.  Howard tears up the HOF any chance he gets and makes some good points.  Steve Miller too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Those are great. I’ve worked a few of the Induction ceremonies and they are very unorganized, so that made me laugh to see Steve Miller called it amateur. 

Again, Howard Stern goes off on this a lot, Steve Miller did so far beyond the above quote (and also on Howard Stern as well) if you want to hear more of the same.

But you worked a few ceremonies, good stories?  Meet any of your rock heroes?  What's up?

I disliked the foo fighters when I first heard them and have not given them a second thought since.

The museum has interactive computer stations, they should incorporate that content into their website.

I went to see Mavis Staples when she was honored or inducted or whatever. The show was a little off and I think half the attendees were associated with the hall or the bank.

But whatever, getting worked up about it is silly. 

A bit bizarre that Ozzy would say that industry people have never purchased a ticket or album. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Again, Howard Stern goes off on this a lot, Steve Miller did so far beyond the above quote (and also on Howard Stern as well) if you want to hear more of the same.

But you worked a few ceremonies, good stories?  Meet any of your rock heroes?  What's up?

Watched slash, ZZ Top, and RHCP all jam together for hours which was pretty cool. Beastie Boys got inducted that same year, but they didn’t show. 

I work in production, so I dont get awed by celebrity anymore. But some Moments like that one are pretty fun to witness.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Knight said:

Watched slash, ZZ Top, and RHCP all jam together for hours which was pretty cool. Beastie Boys got inducted that same year, but they didn’t show. 

That's pretty fresh.  Slash shreds, but Billy Gibbons has some pretty tough riffs, and was Jimi Hendrix's favorite guitar player.  

I thought I was going to be in unpopular opinion on the Foo Fighters as I'm not crazy about them either.  I can see Dave Grohl is talented and seemingly a cool guy, I'm just not moved that way by their music.  However, I have found them to be a pretty good cover band and have definitely enjoyed a few youtube vids of them rocking other people's songs.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...