its a "new" NYC CLEAN TRAINZ thread!!!

IVO AKM KILLERZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro-taggers leave mark on New York subway trains.(Originated from New York Daily News)

| From: Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service | Date: February 28, 1997 | Author: Rein, Lisa | More results for: graffiti new york trains

NEW YORK _ They're rich, brash and determined enough to fly 3,000 miles to risk getting a rap sheet.

They're European graffiti taggers in search of their Holy Grail in New York _ the chance to make their mark in what was once the graffiti capital of the world.

Here and there, graffiti can still be seen on subway trains, defying the Transit Authority's anti-spray-paint campaign. And taggers are still leaving their so-called art on city walls, highways, bridges and buildings.

Police say many of the vandals are young tourists from countries such as Germany, the ...

SOMETHING I FOUND

• 2 weeks later...

i gotta take my hat off to the cats that paint subways now a days. even though there doing it just for the flicks, it takes alot of heart. most of these cats painting subways are not from new york. it's there dream to bust a nut on the m.t.a., paint a fr8 insteed. you have a better chance for longevity and fame. anyways, much respect

Euro-taggers leave mark on New York subway trains.(Originated from New York Daily News)

| From: Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service | Date: February 28, 1997 | Author: Rein, Lisa | More results for: graffiti new york trains

NEW YORK _ They're rich, brash and determined enough to fly 3,000 miles to risk getting a rap sheet.

They're European graffiti taggers in search of their Holy Grail in New York _ the chance to make their mark in what was once the graffiti capital of the world.

Here and there, graffiti can still be seen on subway trains, defying the Transit Authority's anti-spray-paint campaign. And taggers are still leaving their so-called art on city walls, highways, bridges and buildings.

Police say many of the vandals are young tourists from countries such as Germany, the ...

SOMETHING I FOUND

In germany right now...just left one of the 670 graf shops. The owner told me they view NY as a mecca and its their goal to all paint a commuter train there at least once. I thought it was fucking hilarious.

i gotta take my hat off to the cats that paint subways now a days. even though there doing it just for the flicks, it takes alot of heart. most of these cats painting subways are not from new york. it's there dream to bust a nut on the m.t.a., paint a fr8 insteed. you have a better chance for longevity and fame. anyways, much respect

I doubt they do it for fame and longevity. From a different train culture where frieghts are nothing and steel is king.

Archived