its a "new" NYC CLEAN TRAINZ thread!!!

IVO AKM KILLERZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

daily-news.jpg

this article finally proves that the burger king crown has been passed unto this side of the atlantic

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/479076p-403027c.html

"Painting to take a photograph, for us who live here, is kind of the wussy way out," she said. "The point is to have it run [on the tracks and be seen]."

-lady pink

well it sure is better than not painting at all

The one thing this article missed on talking about is how the Vandal Squad raids local writers houses in NYC. This is clearly why not many New Yorker writers are participating in hitting NYC subway trains. It's clearly not worth the risk to have your computers and other valuables from your home confiscated.

I for one am very glad to see Europeans come here and hit our system. I think its simply amazing that 18 years after Ven , Reas , Ghost , Sanesmith and other members of AOK & RIS paved the way for hitting clean trains that the clean train movement is alive and well. It;'s crazy to think that graffiti ran on transit for just as many years from 70? 71-89. Id say more power to the Euro's. They can get in & out of the system without being traced to there homes. Unfortunately for NYC writers there are to many snitches about who rat writers out to vandal squad to save there own asses. I say off with there heads.

euro trash is right. in europe there trains run with graff, why bother fucking with our trains. so they can get there photo's and jerk off when they get home and brag to there peeps that new york aint shit. i say, if it was back in the days, those euro cats would get vamped and catch a bad one.

haha, police raids are normal in europe, looks like Nyc is a place for pussys and fagots. Keep your house clean and you`ve got no problem for hittin clean trains.

Keep your house clean?..ah duh...no what you are talking about before you speak. They still come and confiscate all your belongings to check for evidence regardless if you have anything related to graff in your house or not. As is the case with a few writers here currently. Just to get your shit back can take years to get your shit returned with high costs of paying a lawyer.

As for jail time here...lets see some of you Euros hold up in our jails here. I bet the majority of you will be having your asshole hanging out by the time you got out. Will see who is pussy and faggots then...hahahhaaa..

its so much easier to go into a place or country u dont live in and paint shyt up when u no ur leaving next week..its a hole dif story when ur hittin risky shyt like transit when u live 5 blocks away from it ir ur also hittin up in the city...so for some overseas person to come in here talking about stop bitchin blah blah cmon....

i still dont see many nyc writters traveling other places to paint trains, even in the states yea a few have, but i mean common even outside of new york in other cities in the states there's really only a few really doin' it. plus u americans who did paint trains in europe most of u got taken my the hand to the spots like a little girl cuz u never knew how to scope a spot for your self. i am not talking to anyone in particular. and nor is every american who painted subways in europe included. its also a whole other challenge when your soemwhere u never been before and your tryin 2 find yards layups and maybe u dont even know the language, they deserve the props granted yea the after affects they dont gotta worry abotu "AS" much. but none the less they are doing it. i cant knock em for it and they got more balls than alotta americans in general. this doesnt apply to everyone. but none the less if they werent doing em who would? maybe the same liek 10-20 people in nyc?

shit those 10-20 are still gettin theirs in and if anythign its the europeans that gotta worry about gettin busted because they dont know the spots as well as cats in the usa should. none the less u cant knock it totally. plus if u do live in nyc and u gotta worry about the reprocutions there are ways 2 deal with it so it doesnt come back to u. one dont hang out with tricks, 2 buff your shit out maybe after u take a flick with some chrome cans. get with the times. half yall are some lame ass frieght painters trying to talk about real steal, which many know nothing about.

some of these dudes are from europe! yea, and they deal with the same consiquences over there, basically almost anywhere u get caught painting subways in a non 3rd world country today your life is ruined. depending some of their shit IS easier and some is way harder than NYC. fuck what u heard. try and paint some subways in spain and i dont mean commuters i mean SUBWAYS. London 2. id like to see some of u not shit bricks. alot of these dudes have put in more work and risked more than half of u will ever know wheather in europe or in the states. and im not from europe ill clarrify that. and this isnt my screename just a freinds, so dont take it out on him. lol on with the program

bump moas.

Eurotrash making marks on subways

BY PETE DONOHUE

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Most guests enjoy city's landmarks, but cops say European groups like MOAS are sullying our subways.

And taggers like Biser, responsible for 70% of graffiti, cops say, are just doing it for pix to boost Euro-reps.

Subway graffiti is back - and Europeans are to blame.

Most of the major graffiti attacks on trains are being carried out by twentysomething Europeans who want to leave their marks where the graffiti culture was born, experts said.

They come from Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Denmark and Norway to spray-paint their murals and elaborate tags - called "pieces" - on trains, fully aware that the Transit Authority will scrub them clean within hours.

The Euro-taggers don't care that New Yorkers won't see their work on the rails: their main goal is to take photographs and videos of their handiwork to bolster their reputations on the other side of the Atlantic.

"The majority of the heavy graffiti is being done by foreigners," said recently retired NYPD Transit Bureau Lt. Steven Mona, who until September 2005 was the commanding officer of the Citywide Vandals Task Force.

"We've always had foreigners, but in the last five years we've seen an increase."

When Mona and his team reviewed last year's graffiti hits, they estimated that 70% were carried out by Europeans.

That includes the graffiti group "MOAS," or Monsters of Art Scandinavia, which painted its initials on trains stored on "layup" tracks on Utica Ave. in Brooklyn.

Another tag spotted on a train hit on Utica Ave., "Biser," is identified on the Internet as being from Germany.

The NYPD wouldn't reveal the nationalities of arrested graffiti vandals. But another expert said the phenomenon is well-known.

Sgt. Bobby Barrow, who retired from the squad last year after nearly two decades in the Transit Bureau, agreed the bulk of the big hits are being done by tourists whose idea of a vacation is slinking around the city's tunnels and desolate railyards.

"There's a huge subculture to this," Barrow said.

Lady Pink, who started spray-painting trains in the 1980s and became the city's most famous female graffiti writer, said New Yorkers are bored with tagging trains.

"Painting to take a photograph, for us who live here, is kind of the wussy way out," she said. "The point is to have it run [on the tracks and be seen]."

In 2002, a 24-year-old man from Poland and a 25-year-old German were caught with cans of spray paint and a videotape showing each defacing subway cars.

The two men spent short stints in jail but were released. They never showed up at their next court appearance.

"New York City is not a Disneyland for vacationing Euro-vandals," said Queens City Councilman Peter Vallone, chairman of the Public Safety Committee. "Judges need to send a message by setting bail at arraignment."

The Daily News reported last week that subway graffiti has taken off this year, with vandals heavily tagging and scratching 162 cars - more than triple the number defiled in 2004.

The 162 subway cars each required at least eight hours of cleaning or repairs, according to the TA, which classifies each incident as a "major hit," including spray-painting train exteriors or scratching drivel onto train windows.

Originally published on December 10, 2006

383-graf2.jpg.JPG

navAreaMetroLogo.gif

Graffiti still a homegrown crime, says top transit cop

by patrick arden / metro new york

DEC 12, 2006

MIDTOWN — Don’t blame European tourists for the recent upswing in subway graffiti, said James Hall, chief of NYPD’s transit bureau, yesterday.

Reacting to a Daily News story blaming “Eurotrash” for the jump in tagging and more elaborate graffiti “pieces,” Hall said, “We’ve arrested some foreign nationals, but when you really look at who we’ve apprehended this year for repeat layup hits, they were born and raised here in New York.”

“Layup” hits involve subway cars that are tagged while parked overnight in tunnels or in train yards. So far this year, 31 people have been arrested for “major hits” of subway cars on “layup” tracks. Just four of those were foreigners — three Slovaks and an Australian nabbed in a September sting. “They traveled all the way here to mark up a train, and they were arrested for it,” Hall said.

In 2005, only seven arrests were made for major graffiti hits.

The Daily News story quoted retired transit bureau cops who believed Europeans could be blamed for 70 percent of subway graffiti last year. They spotted tags on trains from foreigners who posted their work on the Internet, including the group “MOAS,” or Monsters of Art Scandinavia, and “Biser,” a tagger from Germany. Arrested Europeans are most likely back home by the time they have to show up in court.

“Seventy percent’s a high number,” Hall said. “There’s no question, I think, that there’s some merit that you have foreign nationals coming to New York City to do graffiti to trains.” But he still considered graffiti to be a crime largely carried out by locals. “Our most prolific taggers this year are all homegrown New Yorkers,” he said. “I don’t think it’s wise to just put all your eggs in the European basket.”

dirty handz 3 says it all

truth.

there are people that have been busted in germany who are no longer able to be within 500 feet of their freinds because of court orders and this is after 2 years in prison. shits real out there no matter where.

anomie1: What is the scariest or craziest graff related story you have?

jeloe: There are so many crazy experiences and close and not so close calls I have had over the years.

There is one that happened recently that I still think was the most crazy thus far. The stakes were very

high in this mission and if we got caught we were fucked. Like, really fucked. It was on a mission to do

a subway. I was with a few kids who really knew the transit system inside and out. One of the kids was

really schooled on the tunnels there and spent a lot of his free time just wandering through them

looking for shit to get into. He had every key to every door and knew the deal inside and out. It was

dumping snow outside and he told me and 2 other kids to wait on the street for him out in front of a

business. Next to this business was a door facing the street disguised to blend into the landscape with

no signs or anything else to indicate what was behind it. Anyway he told us to stand there for 20 minutes

and he would be back. We waited the 20 minutes and there was no sign of him. We decided to wait

another 10 minutes. Sure enough about 5 minutes later we heard a knock on the other side of the door

to which we knocked back. The door opened and it was this kid covered in tunnel grime. He hurried us

inside and slammed the door. It was fuckin crazy inside there. We had walked into a gigantic warehouse

used to hold some of the massive power generators used to power the whole system.

It was totally lit up and had cameras watching every inch of the place. We put on ski masks and started to

walk towards a dark hallway. On the way there was a security door left open by the last guard on duty. The

kids I was with went inside and started raiding the file cabinets getting maps to the tunnels and layups

along with schematics to all the trains in use. I was shitting my pants cause this shit was straight up criminal.

I could see myself on the security monitor wearing a ski mask. I thought to myself "when the fuck did graff

get so serious?" Either way it was dope and I was down to finish what we came to do. They all loaded their finds

up into their bags and we bounced back towards the hallway. As we got further down the walls became cave-like

and much smaller to the point where we had to hunch down as the lights got dimmer and dimmer. After

walking for about 5 minutes we came to a large metal staircase that was behind a metal gate that looked like

traditional jail cell doors.

I was wondering how we were going to get to it when the one kid pulled out a key ring he jacked from a driver

one day as the driver came out of an office in a station. I thought that was so fresh. So we start down the staircase

and after about 10 steps we heard a door slam shut and footsteps start. We hauled ass back up the steps trying to

be quiet as every noise echoed and we didn’t want whoever it was to know we were there. Soon the footsteps below

turned into a whole group of people with flashlights and they were speaking loudly in a language I didn't understand.

I thought for sure we were fucked. The guys I was with motioned for me to come into a dark room we came across

earlier. We all hid our bags full of paint inside of an old storage locker that was in the room and then hid ourselves

in the dark of the room. The guys coming were workers who were working in some part of the tunnel. I figured out

that there were tunnels behind the tunnels for people to walk along while doing maintenance on the system.

Luckily they walked past us and just kept going. They were only like 15 feet away from us as they passed and I was

shitting bricks. After they passed I was ready to break the fuck out but the guys I had come with said we were still

going to do it. Honestly I wanted to go but I just shut up and followed them. We got up, got our bags and went back

down the stairs. Once down like 5 flights we got to another crazy room that was filled with wires all over the walls with

power grids and control panels complete with emergency stop switches and alarms with lights everywhere. We could

hear voices down the hall and decided to push forward anyway just trying to be as quiet as possible. We came up on

a door that was cracked about half an inch and when we peeked into it the train tunnels were on the other side. The

voices we heard were the transit guards complete with guns, batons and attack-trained German Shepherds. We very

quietly made our way past the door and down about another 50 feet. At this point there was a dead end in our tunnel

with another door to the left. The door had it’s handle broken out.

I was told that the handle was the reason we had to wait on the street for a half an hour earlier. The kid who left us

earlier went into the tunnels from the station with a set of tools and broke the handle off of the door before the security

shift started so we could come out into the tunnel later undetected. These dudes had their shit down. On the other side

of the door there was about 5 strings of trains sitting in the tunnel in an underground lay-up. We sat there in dead

silence for over an hour just watching the guards 50-60 feet away on the platform. They sat there on their cell phones

blabbing away to whoever was on the other end in a language I didn't understand. The guard on our side began to pace

with his mini automatic gun slung over his shoulder with its strap and his attack dog that was on a leash. As he turned

his back the kid who broke the door opened it slightly and motioned for us all to quickly and quietly exit into the tunnel a

nd hide in-between the strings of trains. We all did with me going last as reluctant as could be.

The guard walked the length of the platform and posted on the far side of it from where we were. We quietly picked a panel

each and I was told to paint my piece in no more than 10 minutes. I was done in about 7 and then sat waiting while they

finished. I was hoping the guard or his dog wouldn't see us. The dog was trained not to jump on the tracks because of the

3rd rail so I thought at least we had that working for us. We all finished and bounced out undetected. We made our way out

of the tunnel and back into the maze of tunnels that led to the door on the sidewalk. We booked through there and made

our way out back to the street. We then had about 2 hours before the trains started back up again so we could get flicks of it

running in the station. I went straight for the nearest liquor store and got some brand of whiskey I had never heard of and

chugged the whole half pint in two big gulps. I was so on edge. I needed it. Then we walked about 2 miles to kill time and

to get as far away as possible. We came to another station on the same line and decided to go into this one to get pics.

The one kid used his keys to get into the station as it was still opening up for the first run. Once we were in the station we

just laid on the benches and tried to blend into the bums who spent the night there away from the cold. After about 30

minutes we heard the first train coming, which was ours. We got our cameras ready and when it pulled into the station we

flicked it as many times as possible before the driver shut the doors and pulled it out of the station. I remember her

glaring at me as if to say "fuck you, you fuckin punks. I KNOW it was you guys!" As soon as the next train came we got

onto it and rode it into the next station where there were several special police there with machine guns wearing fatigues

looking dead fuckin serious. I was told by the guys I was with they were there to investigate the graff to figure out how it

was done. I think they were more interested to figure out how we got in so they could seal it off for terrorist reasons.

I was freaking the fuck out. Anyway, to finally end this story we got our pics and nothing happened to us. Even though we

got away with it, it was still the craziest graff related experience I have ever been a part of.

full interview here:

http://www.anomie1.com/jeloe.html

Keep your house clean?..ah duh...no what you are talking about before you speak. They still come and confiscate all your belongings to check for evidence regardless if you have anything related to graff in your house or not. As is the case with a few writers here currently. Just to get your shit back can take years to get your shit returned with high costs of paying a lawyer.

As for jail time here...lets see some of you Euros hold up in our jails here. I bet the majority of you will be having your asshole hanging out by the time you got out. Will see who is pussy and faggots then...hahahhaaa..

Ok, i see....subway graffiti is too hard for you. If you go out and paint subways, you must deal with the concequences. If you`re smart enough you have your stuff at your girlfriends house, have a laptop which is not at your home..... . They only confiscate things which are graffiti related, such as computer, clothes with ink, not yout bed or your Tv. And if you keep your computer clean, they can do nothing, understand? Ok it might take maybe one year when you get your stuff back, but it`s better than gettin busted for a few hundred panels. In my eyes you americans are WAY to paranoid and only a few in your country got the balls to paint american subways. Haha, oh, your jail are tough? Well then get in jail in Brazil and take a look at real tough guys.

Ok, i see....subway graffiti is too hard for you. If you go out and paint subways, you must deal with the concequences. If you`re smart enough you have your stuff at your girlfriends house, have a laptop which is not at your home..... . They only confiscate things which are graffiti related, such as computer, clothes with ink, not yout bed or your Tv. And if you keep your computer clean, they can do nothing, understand? Ok it might take maybe one year when you get your stuff back, but it`s better than gettin busted for a few hundred panels. In my eyes you americans are WAY to paranoid and only a few in your country got the balls to paint american subways. Haha, oh, your jail are tough? Well then get in jail in Brazil and take a look at real tough guys.

Exactly consequences. Dealing with jail time , house evasion , large fines aint worth the consequences of painting on subways here if you live here. The bottomline is if you are from NYC and are hitting trains the chances are super high the Vandal Squad will catch up with you and chances are it wont be a clean arrest as VS is known for its dirty setup antics. Which is exactly what is going on with someone I know here. Say what you want but fact is if you aint from here its a hell of alot easier to paint with out these consequences. I can guarantee you this much you would of had a much harder time being a foriegner hitting in the Graff heyday. Your shit would of easily gotten vamped in the layups back then. You all have it nice and easy being out of towners in this day and age.

Its not hard in the slightest to hit trains here. Vandal Squad barely raids layups. Its dealing with the aftermath which so many of us have dealt with here.

Since your so bold onhitting clean trains show us all your train panels. Internet talk is cheap.

Perhaps police where you are from are that stupid, but here, if you leave shit @ a girls house. That shit will get raided too.

Im not saying its not on NYC writers that the trains aren't being hit, I'm just saying the risks are there, and in a NYC post 9-11, none of these mother fuckers are playing games anymore.

I got cought with some paintball equitment leaving a small patch of woods in my area, these cops rolled up on us and started to go ape-shit thinking we were training for some "terrorist activity", it took us about 20 mins to convince them otherwise, not to mention dodge any summons for having the equitment which to my knowldege is still illegal.

Perhaps police where you are from are that stupid, but here, if you leave shit @ a girls house. That shit will get raided too.

Exactly these cops have the power to trace you to other people. I guess if Im hitting clean trainss I shouldnt talk to my girlfriend on the phone then cause they have the power to wiretap as well thanks to good ole Gdubya.The vandal squad is infamous for harrasing people to the point of not painting. Shit if it wasnt for foriegners painting they wouldnt even need to go into the layups with all the anitcs they pull on NYC writers. At least the Euros are making them work now.

Archived