noah tfp....you goddamn right

ted bundy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
Guest Sket One

BUTCHY BUTCH WIT DA FRESH TIGER SKIN!!!! -> I knew i was right

(corrected) again and it's the last time.

Slick Rck Slick Rick! of the .....

Guest Eric Cartmen
Originally posted by Wilt

its tiger skill...but noah is the shit...him and sento are probably the illest duo...they should come out "on some mack attack shit"

That is true..Noah is dope, but if you give NOAH props you most certainly have to give PURE props for giving NOAH alot of style....PURE is the nicest if you ask me, and unfortunatelly it seems like he is the most overlooked...He use to have a heave FBA influence in his stuff(which is understandable since he is down with them), then BOOM!!!!...Came up with his bugged out style that alot of people are influenced off of now.

To correct ALL of you:

It was VEN who first started coming out with the "old style" pieces, cuz Ghost wouldnt do his outlines for him. He was mainly going for a MIN RTW/ Magoo2 TDS style.

Also SANE and SMITH and STAK was going retro early on.

In the late 80s (88-89) AOK, TFP, RIS were pretty much an inseperable team.

REAS, VEN, PURE, SENT, GHOST

With VENs interest, and GHOST already 'Old School" style (influenced by STRIDER BC) the shit was on.

After years of hard core piecing styles in the mid 80s, these guys basically laughed it up and thought it would be cool to go retro since they had already handled current styles.

PURE and RESK were fans of FBA Style in the early 80s, and pretty much schooled REAS, VEN and NOAH. (their early shit was FBA looking)

88, they all just came into thier own, and went different ways with style.

Ven, Reas, and Sent were the most visible since they were the most active at the time.

By the early 90s, on walls the style became more Official.

SENT was on some next level shit already, its between him and pure that brought in the "wild Old School looking" Style, with Intelligent Interlocking mechanisms.

Reas and VEN went WAAAAY back into some 1950s cartoon looking styles.

when Pure left the country, Noah was coming out strong, and is more identified with the style for keeping it going, as well as adding his own flavor to it.

Then in the early-mid 90s, with the Unification of the 2 TFP cliques, all these guys started piecing together and made a more uniform collabotration of style.

Of all thses guys i give REAS, GHOST the MOST props for having the balls to rock that shit when everyone else was looking at it like it was SPAGHETTI.

AND SENT, for leaviing the pack behind and single handedly re-defining the "Burner" for a whle generation.

The only thing i hate about this style, is that has influenced SO many people in SO many places, that now, its like parachute for niggaz who otherwise couldnt piece for shit, to be able to make entire careers out of this rather "easy to do" style.

(EX 1: Queens in the early 90s was disgusting... Every toy on the 7 line, was "Burning" with wanna be RIS style)

(EX2: Worldwide in the present, mad toys, dont even try to BURN, its much easier to imitate the TFP shit, and with no one to regulate and rob their paint, they get away with it. Kind of what happened with TKID in Berlin, Germany)

So its a double edged weapon..

But pounds to: SENT, REAS, NOAH, STAK for raising the stakes and taking their one step bacwards, into a giant step into the future.

The Kool NIgga' Dash 167th..

Facts Crush

Far Beyond Anyone

this stuff is the best graffiti ever. there's no question in my mind about that. let's see some more kase 2 up in here.

i think i might start an aok/ris thread if nobody has any objections with that

Originally posted by DMX

this stuff is the best graffiti ever. there's no question in my mind about that. let's see some more kase 2 up in here.

i think i might start an aok/ris thread if nobody has any objections with that

Do it up!!

Re: To correct ALL of you:

Originally posted by Pharaoh145th

It was VEN who first started coming out with the "old style" pieces, cuz Ghost wouldnt do his outlines for him. He was mainly going for a MIN RTW/ Magoo2 TDS style.

Also SANE and SMITH and STAK was going retro early on.

In the late 80s (88-89) AOK, TFP, RIS were pretty much an inseperable team.

REAS, VEN, PURE, SENT, GHOST

With VENs interest, and GHOST already 'Old School" style (influenced by STRIDER BC) the shit was on.

After years of hard core piecing styles in the mid 80s, these guys basically laughed it up and thought it would be cool to go retro since they had already handled current styles.

PURE and RESK were fans of FBA Style in the early 80s, and pretty much schooled REAS, VEN and NOAH. (their early shit was FBA looking)

88, they all just came into thier own, and went different ways with style.

Ven, Reas, and Sent were the most visible since they were the most active at the time.

By the early 90s, on walls the style became more Official.

SENT was on some next level shit already, its between him and pure that brought in the "wild Old School looking" Style, with Intelligent Interlocking mechanisms.

Reas and VEN went WAAAAY back into some 1950s cartoon looking styles.

when Pure left the country, Noah was coming out strong, and is more identified with the style for keeping it going, as well as adding his own flavor to it.

Then in the early-mid 90s, with the Unification of the 2 TFP cliques, all these guys started piecing together and made a more uniform collabotration of style.

Of all thses guys i give REAS, GHOST the MOST props for having the balls to rock that shit when everyone else was looking at it like it was SPAGHETTI.

AND SENT, for leaviing the pack behind and single handedly re-defining the "Burner" for a whle generation.

The only thing i hate about this style, is that has influenced SO many people in SO many places, that now, its like parachute for niggaz who otherwise couldnt piece for shit, to be able to make entire careers out of this rather "easy to do" style.

(EX 1: Queens in the early 90s was disgusting... Every toy on the 7 line, was "Burning" with wanna be RIS style)

(EX2: Worldwide in the present, mad toys, dont even try to BURN, its much easier to imitate the TFP shit, and with no one to regulate and rob their paint, they get away with it. Kind of what happened with TKID in Berlin, Germany)

So its a double edged weapon..

But pounds to: SENT, REAS, NOAH, STAK for raising the stakes and taking their one step bacwards, into a giant step into the future.

The Kool NIgga' Dash 167th..

Facts Crush

Far Beyond Anyone

Allow me to build on this and interject another theory as well; In the Mid to Late Eighties a kid named "KEO" who was already retired at this time, was messing with a girl who lived next door to REAS. He would visit Reas's place and show him these crazy early 70's styles he was facinated with. Tall platform letter "Broadway" tags and pieces which were essentially fat tags outlined, with dots in the fills and a loop-de-loop connection or two for good measure. Keo began taking these early B'way style "SCOTCH 79th" tags around lower manhattan, influencing many downtown kids at that time, most notably "SAES K.T." a.k.a. "ZU", who would turn Scotch's "S" around to create a "Z". Mind you, this was before SANE came out with the 70's retro B'way tall tags and when Ven was still doing late eighties RTW-ROC style. Although KEO got caught up in the street life and never truly realized his potential on the lines, he would continually school the youngins as to the roots of the styles they were emulating, planting seeds along the way.

Super

Scotch

Fathering

Children

Archived