THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS REGULATING YOUR FOOD, YO!

50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I am honestly more scared of having GMO industrial agro mega farms and feedlots and with this bill passing, we will have a lot more of that...

You're swinging in the wrong direction.

You should be pushing for MORE regulation that prohibits the abuses and other shit that you're claiming to be against.

Because less regulation will only lead to more abuses and other shit in this capitalist society where fat cat niggas is out to make a penny into a buck at whatever cost.

You need to quit your job at Whole Foods.

They feed you just as much bullshit as the news does.

whole foods hasnt said anything about this yo. at least not to me yet... whole foods is definitely anti gmo and big farms thats for sure, but i read this bill and realize our food is going to dramatically change, for the worse. its hard to understand if you dont know the agro business, or food retail industry at the present.

it talks a lot about regulating imported food. Ok great, but there are a lot of weird things about imported foods. for example, you cant get raw cheese from another country unless it has been aged for 9 months. well i can guarantee you that the affineur's from italy who make regulated, region and name ontrolled, certified organic parmigiano reggiano vendor (who has been in the family buisness for hundreds of years) has extremely healthly/certified cows compared to if an industrial farm here who provide us with fresh raw cheese.

that's just an example. the vendors from other countries aren't going to want to pay extra fees and annual dollars to get audited more than they already do (and they do....except for maybe, china). a bottle of wine from france could go up from $15 to $35 just to cover the costs - especially if the grapes are from a small farm.

i

that's just an example. the vendors from other countries aren't going to want to pay extra fees and annual dollars to get audited more than they already do (and they do....except for maybe, china). a bottle of wine from france could go up from $15 to $35 just to cover the costs - especially if the grapes are from a small farm.

Then good riddance to them.

We in a recession, damnit.

[ATTACH]148922.vB[/ATTACH]

buyamerican.jpeg.5b1b6bff1f8e12a36686f7d524770dbe.jpeg

"Kevin?" C'mon son. "Manufacture" is an industry term for the production of things specifically for sale. Im not manufacturing lemons in my back yard. Im growing them. And they need to pass government regulated food safety before obamacare goes into effect. Diet related death and smoking accounts for 20% of all deaths in america (biggest cause of death in america, second only to smoking. All other causes of death combined dont even come close). Also obesity rate is 33%.

whole foods hasnt said anything about this yo. at least not to me yet... whole foods is definitely anti gmo and big farms thats for sure, but i read this bill and realize our food is going to dramatically change, for the worse. its hard to understand if you dont know the agro business, or food retail industry at the present.

it talks a lot about regulating imported food. Ok great, but there are a lot of weird things about imported foods. for example, you cant get raw cheese from another country unless it has been aged for 9 months. well i can guarantee you that the affineur's from italy who make regulated, region and name ontrolled, certified organic parmigiano reggiano vendor (who has been in the family buisness for hundreds of years) has extremely healthly/certified cows compared to if an industrial farm here who provide us with fresh raw cheese.

i

You need to quit your job at Whole Foods and stop worrying about foreign cheese and wine...yo.

"Kevin?" C'mon son. "Manufacture" is an industry term for the production of things for sale. Im not manufacturing lemons in my back yard. Im growing them. And they need to pass government regulated food safety before obamacare goes into effect. Diet related death and smoking accounts for 20% of all deaths in america (biggest cause of death in america, second only to smoking. All other causes of death combined dont even come close). Also obesity rate is 33%.

manufacture means to use tools/labor to produce things for use or sale.

So yes, you are manufacturing lemons in your back yard.

People just don't read what I write in these threads or is it just DAO?

MANUFACTURE IS AN AMBIGUOUS WORD AND SHOULD BE EXCLUDED FROM THE BILL UNLESS IT IS DIRECTLY LINKED TO A BUSINESS.

I usually just skim past anything that is prefaced with your screen name.

But anybody who is stupid enough to believe that anybody's going to get arrested for growing their own tomatoes is a fucking retard.

Hence you.

"Kevin?" C'mon son. "Manufacture" is an industry term for the production of things for sale. Im not manufacturing lemons in my back yard. Im growing them. And they need to pass government regulated food safety before obamacare goes into effect. Diet related death and smoking accounts for 20% of all deaths in america (biggest cause of death in america, second only to smoking. All other causes of death combined dont even come close). Also obesity rate is 33%.

heart attack, cancer (excluding lung), and diabetes all kill more americans then tobacco use.

people need to eat better. not from gigantic dirty farms that genetically alter their produce to be cheaper, chemical resistant and spliced with other allergens or inorganic substances.

for example: monsanto seed for a certain tomato plant included a fish gene. a lot of people are allergic to fish...anaphylactic shock is not a healthy thing...

heart attack, cancer (excluding lung), and diabetes all kill more americans then tobacco use.

people need to eat better. not from gigantic dirty farms that genetically alter their produce to be cheaper, chemical resistant and spliced with other allergens or inorganic substances.

for example: monsanto seed for a certain tomato plant included a fish gene. a lot of people are allergic to fish...anaphylactic shock is not a healthy thing...

^Exactly.... and this is exactly why I'm telling you that you're swinging in the wrong direction.

This is exactly why you should be pushing for TOUGHER regulation.

its the government's fault all this food is shitty, overly processed, and unhealthy.

So in other words, deregulate them from doing what little they are to protect us, and leave us to the mercy to whatever crackhead produces whatever food on whatever soil by whatever means???

What you're asking for (the government to butt out) would actually open the doors for even worse abuses from the exact same mega-corporations that you're bitching about.

We live in a capitalist society, and we need government regulation to protect us from people who would feed us poison just to turn a buck.

Infact, we need even more regulation to protect us from exactly what you're speaking of.

Your heart is in the right place, but it's looking in the wrong direction.

there wont be a farmers market because they arent going to want to pay the fees...

i cant be responsible for what i eat if the government tells me i cant eat it cuz it's dirty...

i get some items from a locally, organic, hand made facility near my house. they grow cabbage and make things like cultured kim chee for example. they are an extremely small operation. sometimes they dont even go to the farmers market because they ran out of product for that week. they use a fermentation process instead of using vinegars. their facility is so clean, and so well organized - they pass with flying colors with the health department AND they get a strict third party auditor to come in to see how they are doing food safety wise. they pay a lot of money for that on top of their overhead costs...not to mention farming costs! they are certified organic by the government (which is realllllllllllly expensive too). with this bill passing, they will have to potentially ditch the fermentation process (because it creates a bacteria - the same that is found in yogurt but stronger, which by the way, is extremely good for you) AND pay way more fees then they think they can.

THAT SUCKS. thats going to happen to so many small vendors/farmers. they cant compete with the big industrial guys (who are filthy and definitely need more food safety regulations). but for someone like me i sure as hell aint buying ANYTHING from safeway. its either sprayed with chemicals (produce) or genetically modified (pre packaged items)...And I can tell you its about 90% of their products. I'd rather go to a local producer and pay them.

there wont be a farmers market because they arent going to want to pay the fees...

i cant be responsible for what i eat if the government tells me i cant eat it cuz it's dirty...

i get some items from a locally, organic, hand made facility near my house. they grow cabbage and make things like cultured kim chee for example. they are an extremely small operation. sometimes they dont even go to the farmers market because they ran out of product for that week. they use a fermentation process instead of using vinegars. their facility is so clean, and so well organized - they pass with flying colors with the health department AND they get a strict third party auditor to come in to see how they are doing food safety wise. they pay a lot of money for that on top of their overhead costs...not to mention farming costs! they are certified organic by the government (which is realllllllllllly expensive too). with this bill passing, they will have to potentially ditch the fermentation process (because it creates a bacteria - the same that is found in yogurt but stronger, which by the way, is extremely good for you) AND pay way more fees then they think they can.

THAT SUCKS. thats going to happen to so many small vendors/farmers. they cant compete with the big industrial guys (who are filthy and definitely need more food safety regulations). but for someone like me i sure as hell aint buying ANYTHING from safeway. its either sprayed with chemicals (produce) or genetically modified (pre packaged items)...And I can tell you its about 90% of their products. I'd rather go to a local producer and pay them.

You're so missing the point.

Most people don't live in hippie communities.

Most people have never even been to a farmers market.

But even the very few who do, shouldn't be subject to some random crackhead slanging bullshit that they grew where ever, however and using whatever chemicals to do so.

Like I said, you're swinging your bat in the wrong direction.

I'm not sure if we're disagreeing here or whatever but just to clarify what i was saying:

Im too lazy to find the actual "latest" number on statistics, but a lot of cancers, diabetes, heart attacks, and various diseases diet related.

And its way too soon to be fever ranting about the other points of this bill since there's still a lot of amendments/provisions that are being gone over as well.

I'm not sure if we're disagreeing here or whatever but just to clarify what i was saying:

Im too lazy to find the actual "latest" number on statistics, but a lot of cancers, diabetes, heart attacks, and various diseases diet related.

agreed. and yes. thank you for clarification.

not sure if this is true...........but a plant based (hopefully organic) diet with very limited fat can reverse and/or prevent most diet related diseases.

that includes no/limited oils.