]]]~~~DREAM TDK~~~[[[[

FROSTY

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by C-O-K PBScru@Mar 2 2002, 03:11 PM

DOES ANYONE REMEBER THAT PRODUCTION HE DID WITH THE WHITE HOUSE ON FIRE AND THE FLAG WAS UP SIDEDOWN BURNING AND MONEY WAS ALSO BURNING THAT WAS THE DOPEST SHIT EVER

R.I.P DREAM

MAYBE HIS KID WILL FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS

Tax Dollars Kill that one man?

Originally posted by Mistery+Dec 31 2004, 01:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mistery - Dec 31 2004, 01:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-C-O-K PBScru@Mar 2 2002, 03:11 PM

DOES ANYONE REMEBER THAT PRODUCTION HE DID WITH THE WHITE HOUSE ON FIRE AND THE FLAG WAS UP SIDEDOWN BURNING AND MONEY WAS ALSO BURNING THAT WAS THE DOPEST SHIT EVER

R.I.P DREAM

MAYBE HIS KID WILL FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS

Tax Dollars Kill that one man?

[/b]

tax_dollars_kill.jpg

Here u go playa..ama look for the whole production..RIP DREAM !!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:innocent: :innocent: :king: :king:

DREAM RESTinPOWER yu will alwas be remembered

from the west coast to THE WINDY CITY... mad respect 4 u DREAM

alwas looked up to u in the graff mags

----------------------

ill...states...illest

<<<MIDWEST...MONSTAHS>>>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yo im a nu cat up in here but i know my way around...Drewm Tdk was a real kool kat!..man i feel hes a west coast king

madd love and respect to DREAM i knew him for a short while before he died

likw i said way cool cat

and also...

RiP

pure

rob

tolse

ayer

photo

sk8

scout kgb

moondogg HDSX3

PIECE yall P,', :king:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

dream2.jpg

Every once in awhile an artist comes along who is a true visionary. Every once in awhile an artist comes around who shares their personal journey, often a journey others can relate to. Every once in awhile an artist surfaces who could really make a difference. And every once in awhile we lose them in the way we always lose the giftedand special ones: too soon.

Such is the case with Michael Francisco, better known by his fitting tag name “Dream” who was murdered on February 17th, 2000 by a killer who is still at large. Dream was a prominent graffiti artist/writer based in the Bay Area. As part of the initiate movementof graffiti art on the West Coast, Dream always felt inspired by the New York writers as well. He referred to himself more as a graffiti writer as opposed to an artist. “Whatever people say about the terminology, I write.” Dream was a writer since 1983, gradually earning credit with the masses through his art; bold words emblazoned on walls for all to see; fine art in the unlikeliest of places around San Francisco

Eventually, like all great artists and writers, Dream experienced a “consciousness phase,” seeing his art as more than paint on a wall, but a way to send a message to people. “My writing has become part of a mental liberation…. ultimately it is the words, the style of the letters that keep me writing, because to stay in the game, you need to stay on top of your style and ride that shit,” Dream had once said. This consciousness phase of Dream’s brought a new dimension to his own game. When an artist holds such rapt attention of their audience, they can use it to focus on two things: the artist themselves and their intention for the piece; or a greater message, a possibly unifying message that might just have some meaning. Dream tapped into his Filipino roots, though his pieces were enjoyed and relatable by all, as they carried a message that could be “used as a weapon of defense against oppressive injustice,” his friend and colleague Spie wrote in 2000. Take for instance his piece “Tax Dollars Kill,” featuring a pristine White House wreaking havoc on the painting. The American Flag is upside down and lit afire, representing an anger and

dissatisfaction masses of citizens could relate to. He also used his art to memorialize friends and other great artists, displayed in his “Plan Bee” piece. “He created art that sometimes paid, but more importantly was not self-seeking, and were always gifts to the community,” says Spie.

Dream’s path as an artist and writer showed a passion for his fellow man, the struggle of his people, and the struggle of an artist that is greatly appreciated by those he touched, whether directly or indirectly. It is always a tragedy to lose someone so committed and dedicated to a cause. Dream’s cause was driven by a medium the people in power rarely appreciate, or even witness. His death caused a frenzy that screamed “He was ours, he was on our side!” Memorials and funds are popping out of the crevices created by Dreams closest friends and fellow artists. For more information on Dream, visit http://www.dreamtdk.com.

i took this pic from krash's book

its just one of his quick simples but hey any dream is worth seein i think...

by the way bump that fat ass blockbuster.

we need more writers like dream. he actually thought about politics and used his brain instead of just smokin and glorifying this new stupid culture of gangsterism and drugs rich people threw on the poor. even though i was never down with dream and never met him (im too young anyways) i cant help wrting "fuck capitalism" like he would on some of his sketches. i dont get up with it cause i think fc was one of his crews but its fun to write...

im inspired everytime i look at anything with his stuff (pics and a shirt i got)...

rest in power king dream...

Pix013.jpg.102e660f7a41e12dd1760f0cf754aa18.jpg

Archived