Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watson

adobe after effects

anyone have any experience with this program? i have it in the creative suite and have yet to tap into it. just seeing if anyone has some pieces they've made in it. i actually can't wait to see what i'm going to make

Ive always seen after effects used in motion work. My ex was going to school for this and they always had a blast adding crash lightning and explosions to stupid lil clips they did. Ive been meaning to delve into myself but I cant get away from Fireworks because all my stuff is strictly vector.

I guess trouble shoot thats what I plan to do anyways.

yeah the main reason i liked it was the motion work and wanting to make a little demo reel of my work for a portfolio.. definitely impresses over just regular print work

fireworks is kind of tough for me. i only used it for web design with rollovers on images pretty much

what kind of work do you do short? personal or professional?

just personal. I almost went the route of doing professional work but I kinda caught myself before going to deep. It was a mix of my own productivity being at a low and I guess maybe confidence in the whole thing. Also to I really only know Fireworks. I l learned my own way around doing vector art and I havent bridged into Illustrator. Illustrator is a wonderful program and I know I can do the same stuff in it Im just not familiar with the setup. Everything is in different places and some things go by different names. I usually get frustrated because I spend more time searching for shit than actually producing an Image if Im in Illustrator vs how comfortable I am with Fireworks.

A big factor in it as well is Fireworks is strictly RGB and I kinda fucked myself there not learning to switch. So I limit myself to Web when Id prefer more Print Work. RGB format can be used in print but usually comes out muddy. Converting between the two usually makes one color drastically change screwing up the image.

Overall I prefer personal art work. I love doing things at my own pace. Ive done a sign for people here and there so its not like if work presented itself I wouldnt take it. Plus Im working back to Ceramics being my primary productivity area although I dont think Ill ever stop CG.

I am very thankful though even after the Macromedia purchase Adobe didnt 86 Fireworks, it truly is a wonderful program that few tend to pass up.

After Effects is my favorite compositing program, hands down. I used it to put my school demo reel together. If interested check it out:

thanks, right now i'm working on a stylized renders (toony) for a new reel, and sending that out to Blue Sky studios.

• Like 1

hoping to be somewhere near a place like that in a couple years, still learning shit now. props.

it's really hard to get into big studios, even with backing.. not only you have to have a good idea of whats goin on but you have to be a nice person to be around who works well with others.. gonna be spending countless hours with the same peeps all the time so there's no room for bs and trippin egos...

good luck on your learning, it's not as hard as you think.. eventually you'll get to the point where you'll be like "ha! that was easy to figure out.." and that's when your productivity is gonna double if not triple..

holy spammers..

whats the deal with after effects anyway?

i've read all the crap about it but never understood how it works at the beginner/novice level.

is it like photoshop in a fashion with layers?

i

it's a more powerful program then photoshop

you make commercials, website intros, web ads with it

yup after effects works perfectly with videos, its just AE video editing features (cuts and what not) are very limited, but if you already cut the vid up the way you like it, add effects :)

I work on adobe after effects and it is a creative software for visual effect on any video. Adobe After Effects delivers more of the creative control you crave, while making it faster to work on high-resolution projects.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kamagra

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now