Surf/Garage/Psych Awesome Thread Full of Great

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it took me a bit to find the Almighty Defenders album (king khan/black lips bastard child band). I was looking for it several months ago but couldn't find it, so I just gave up. Today while looking for anything that caught my eye I almost passed the album, but saw a "Black Lips/King Khan" sticker so I flipped back and whammo (yes, whammo) there it was.

My girlfriend made me buy the Wham album with Careless Whisper on it. Unfortunately we are listening to that one first.

^That looks good, I know a bunch of the bands on there.

I'm going to see Zounds on the 16th. That's gonna be weird. I caught Reagan Youth this weekend, awesome/rowdy show.

ILB, are you going to Hardly/Strictly Bluegrass this year? I don't even know who's playing but I'll go at least one day.

Here's the HSBG lineup this year...it's good but I'm not sure there's anything I can't pass up-

Irma Thomas, David Bromberg Quartet, Conspiracy of Beards, The Civil Wars, Ollabelle, The Del McCoury Band & The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Nell Robinson & Jim Nunally & Their All-Star Band, Jessica Lea Mayfield, Those Darlins, Laurie Lewis & the Right Hands, Earl Scruggs, Dark Star Orchestra, Seamus Kennedy, Bill Orcutt, MC Hammer (Thursday Children's Program), The Devil Makes Three, Patty Griffin, South Memphis String Band, Thurston Moore, The Wronglers with Jimmie Dale Gilmore, AllofaSudden, Buckethead, Dr. John & the Lower 911, Blame Sally, The Mother Hips, Mekons, Buddy Miller, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Robyn Hitchcock, Fitz & the Tantrums, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, Seldom Scene, Elbow, Steve Earle and the Dukes (and Duchesses) featuring Allison Moorer, Dive Bar Dukes, Jolie Holland, Moonalice, Robert Plant & the Band of Joy, Bill Kirchen, Justin Townes Earle, Over the Rhine, DeVotchKa, The Flatlanders featuring Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Butch Hancock, Frank Fairfield, Punch Brothers featuring Chris Thile, The Low Anthem, Joe Purdy, Kris Kristofferson & Merle Haggard, Otis Clay with special guest Chick Rodgers, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Alison Brown Quartet, Bela Fleck, Zakir Hussain & Edgar Meyer, Bob Mould, Chris Isaak, Gomez, The Jayhawks, Robert Earl Keen, Maxim Ludwig & the Santa Fe Seven, Charlie Musselwhite, Dry Branch Fire Squad, The Band of Heathens, Greensky Bluegrass, Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Southern Culture on the Skids, PMW (Thursday Children's Program), River Whyless, Guy Clark & Verlon Thompson, Wendy Bird and her Band of Miscreants, Broken Social Scene, Abigail Washburn, Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys, Emmylou Harris, John Prine, The Swanson Family Band, Ryan Bingham & the Dead Horses, Reckless Kelly, Kieran Kane, Kevin Welch & Fats Kaplin, Conor Brings Friends for Friday: Bright Eyes, M. Ward, The Felice Brothers, Kurt Vile & the Violators, Woods, Simon Joyner & Jonathan Wilson, A.A. Bondy, Hot Buttered Rum, Cass McCombs Band, The Belle Brigade