NFL 2009 Superthread

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If no one has copywritten it and the NFL does, then they do.

I think. right?

AMERICA......FUCK YEAH

Actually, you're right. I dont think the NFL has initiated those claims in real courts but it's possible for them... but, it's not. Once something is 'common parlance' it's really tough to suddenly claim ownership... I can't think of a specific case right now but I know there's been one in the natonal news in the last six months...

On a side note:

The NFL has officially copywrited brown paper bags with eye holes. Unless it bears the official NFL logo and a verification hologram your paper bags with eye holes will NOT be permitted at the Superbowl.

Listen, I'm so at odds with this declaration. I've said it before but never so blatanly. I lived 'on the gulf coast' all my life, but from 10-20 I lived by Mobile and we don't love no Atlanta Falcons. There was only one game to watch on Sunday... since I was a kid I was forced to observe and report, and.. almost every episode the Saints lost.

Eventually I moved back down by Tampa and my G'pa and Uncle supported the Bucs, plus I was used to supporting the perrenial losers so after a couple years I just pledged to my new home, I've never looked back but I have never forgotten the 'lost sundays' where I reported every fuck up from the Saints real time to parental types and even drank beers (yes, entire beers at age 12) to commemorate the stomping the Saints got... plus I never root against the NFC in the Superbowl...

That said...

It can't be the Bucs, so I WANT it to be the Saints... so, Yat's on it too!

Uh, might want to check your history books concerning the origin date but you're correct when you say that the phrase is wholly owned by the public and the NFL has zero copntrol over it...

I correct myself, honestly, I never heard the saying "Who dat said dey gunna beat dem Saints?" prior to 2006.

This could because in 2006 I was in 8th grade? Lol, so I probably am wrong.

I had the game on while I was doin a couplethings but watched most of it.

They had somethin like 10 players mic'd. They shoulddo that more often. Maybe not everygame but it would be cool for superbowl, playoffs, maybe even rivalry games.

For a bunch of players it was their first probowl so it seemed like they were actually trying to win which was cool.

Archived