BUS 174

Hayabusa

p1_bus174.jpg

bus%20174%202.jpg

bus%20174%201.jpg

Bus 174 (Portuguese, Ônibus 174) is a Brazilian documentary film released on October 22, 2002. It is the debut film of director José Padilha and co-director Felipe Lacerda. The film's subject is the June 12, 2000 bus hijacking that occurred in Rio de Janeiro. Sandro do Nascimento, a young man from a poor background, bungled a robbery and ended up holding the passengers on a bus hostage for four hours. The event was caught live on television. The movie examines the incident and what life is like in the slums and favelas of Rio de Janeiro and how the criminal justice system in Brazil treats the lower classes.

With 71 reviews written, Bus 174 achieved a rare 100% critics rating at RottenTomatoes

this movie was really good

i suggest you all go grab a copy/rent it and watch it

no joke

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i didnt know it was a real life event and documentary

i was in for a surprise

the film is ricidulous though....the cameras and shit were sooo close to everything, and there from the get go almost....definate worth while film to watch

also addresses various social problems going down, and how the police suck

if you really liked bus 174, and haven't seen "city of god" --get off your ass and rent it.

city_of_god_verdvd.jpg

there is a documentary in the bonus features, that follows brazilian thugs around. they're fucking teenagers, walking around with masks and ak-47's. a fucking 12 year old, pulls guns out of a trashcan, and names them off like it's a gun's and ammo review. but city of god is definitely worth watching, and don't puss out because it's subtitles.

one frame of the movie:

06-3.jpg

also, try and watch "Carandiru." it's a film about an overpopulated, disease infested prison in brazil. i believe it's based on a true story, about the riot that took place there. there is also a documentary in the bonus features, which gives you an idea of how fucked up shit is.

seriously, watch these movies. they are worth it.

carandiru.jpg

i have a copy of BUS174 but only watched it once

CIDADE DE DEUS however is a very powerful film. i mean the music, the camera, the characters; everything just really blows you away. even my friends who dont normally watch subtitled stuff liked it (i guess cause all the violence ahuahuahueuhee)

looking forward to TROPA DE ELITE