proof i'm getting old.new to you, old to others, musical interests

DIBS

Lately I have been listening to alot of bands who are bringing back the more raw Sabbath sound:

High on fire

Sea of tombs

Dead meadow

Brothers Of Conquest

The Glasspack

been also listening to:

Strike Anywhere - catchy as fuck melodic hardcore form Richmond

Playing Enemy - ex-members of kiss it goodbye, deadguy and nineironspitfire,..that should say enough about them. My fav band right now.

The new Fugazi

Small Brown Bike - Jawbreaker, hot water music-ish, heart felt punk rock.

Cave In - I am blanking on how to describe there newer sound. They are just awesome.

and many more...

for you cats who listed Endpoint, you should check out BY THE GRACE OF GOD and BLACK WIDOWS....hint, hint

http://www.initialrecords.com/blackwidows

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by serum

heres some hardcore i'm sure you've probably heard of most of these but just incase. sorry kids most new hardcore shit sucks. if you need info on how to get these let me know i'll find some addresses for you.

moss icon

Rorschach

honeywell

man is the bastard

groundwork

jihad/ottawa

nema

loscrudos

avail

lifetime

ressurection

born against

econochrist

downcast

spitboy

bleed

still life

struggle

holy shit, these were like all of my favirite bands back in '95. i didn't think anyone would remember this stuff. honeywell, damn, all their stuff went out of print after like first pressing or something (I HAVE THE LP!!!)

shotmaker

julia

union of uranus

heroin

antioch arrow

portraits of past

you're making me dig up my old 7"s

oh yeah. someone mentiomed At the Drive In. i like it, but the few songs i've heard remind me of a cleaner-nicely-produced version of CAP'N JAZZ, any one else think so?

Originally posted by bug

holy shit, these were like all of my favirite bands back in '95. i didn't think anyone would remember this stuff. honeywell, damn, all their stuff went out of print after like first pressing or something (I HAVE THE LP!!!)

shotmaker

julia

union of uranus

heroin

antioch arrow

portraits of past

you're making me dig up my old 7"s

yeah those are all great bands. julia is outstanding live. i would have loved have to seen antioch arrow. great noise bands before that shit became wack. -->charles bronson. but yeah i have all the honeywell 7 inches. yellow vinyl. what what. i think i even wrote the singer and he gave me an unreleased 7inch and a couple of their demo's. hardcore is what music should be, angry, ugly, cheap, and underground. friendly people doing it for the love of music. though i listen to hip hop i will never understand it. money pays the bills but good music will touch people for the rest of their lives. i feel if it makes most people disgusted its good. i don't want people listening to the same things i listen to. i'm a greedy bastard and i want it all for myself and other like minded people.

Guest BROWNer

dibster...good move. the one i recommended is on

the mego label. it just came out. hot shit.

i know you dig the electronic beat stuff too....so..

i've faded on my interest in that stuff for a good while now,

but for the last year i've been enamoured with Arovane's 'Tides'

album......after a few listens you'll be addicted.

early miles davis

john coltrane

ornette colemen

charles mingus

herbie hancock 'headhunters'

bogdan raczynski 'myloveilove'

vincent gallo 'when'

squarepusher 'untitled' single

squarepusher 'burningn' tree'

on the hip-hop steeez.

el-p 'stepfather factory' single

anti-pop consortium 'the ends against the middle'