the internet and how it has affected graffiti

ActingStupid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i don't understand even being down with graffiti if you don't live in a heavy populated area

unless you live in a little town with proper freight access

Maybe the jail is really nice.

INTERNET KILLED THE GHETTO SUPERSTAR By Frank Castle

I agree with the end of this, the part about people "rebelling" and throwing their lives away, thinking they're hardcore. Some of the best, most "hardcore" writers out there live these double lives, balancing a nice job and maybe a family or kids with writing. When they get their own time and space, they take the opportunity to smash things en masse, not having to worry about how they're gonna get some H for their fix or getting caught for stealing food. The problem with some of the "hardcore" writers is the fact that they think since they got the "image" of being a writer, people will take them more seriously or respect them more. At the end of the day, when I see two pieces side by side, or count the throwies up on the walls, I'm gonna judge them by their quality and quantity, not the hardcore drugs that they use or their thugged out way of life.

end of spiel

So I think I enjoyed it better when I actually had to go out and search for it on my own. Sometimes you'd walk a few miles to find nothing, other times you'd find a solid crew's hidden wall.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0UXn_77V4c

Iv only been painting like 2ish years so i havnt really known graffiti without the internet. But i was introduced to graffiti off the internet and got into it also offline. Even now i much rather walk to spots to look at new shit than wait and look on the net, its a totally different experience. I dont think real writers will ever stop going on missions to find new spots or to get good flicks. I think writers who really enjoy painting also enjoy the whole mission sorta shit that goes with it if you get me...

• 2 weeks later...

Double edged sword for shiz. Lots of folk could tell you about Seen or MSK or someshit and wouldn't know fuck all about their hometown heroes who put in work. Lazy fucks learn more about fame from websites than from actually taking the train/bus/highway wander and so who and what is up. Also to quote someone (forget who) 'ya got these fukn kids these days who tag like they're from California, do throw ups like they're from NY and piece like they're some Euro 3d type dudes'. So it's definately diluted regional/home styles a lot. I remember when I could see a piece and see who IN OUR HOMETOWN had influenced them, like say oh that kids got a Dandenong style or he got influence of When TBD for his tags or whatever. I miss them days. That being said we also had to work out how to mix paint ourselves or from older heads, having all that shit at a mouseclick is pretty sweet.

not to mention it's made mediocre kids like Above and those SDK faggots superstars to ignorant toys all around the world

dudes just film themselves doing little half assed pieces in the middle of nowhere and kids from suburbs of every city are jocking them while i'm pretty sure they (SDK, Above, etc.) aren't held in such high regard in their local scenes

Wait SDK fags ??? I thought those niggas were official, I'm not the biggest fan of euro niggas but I thought SDK put in work heavy on the trains in france/euro side of things, they even came to nyc and had a train run... RIP to homie, big ups Selling Drugs to Kids...

Archived