The japanese have been kicking some serious ass.

iloveboxcars

this is high end shit, most of you wont care so i suggest not reading further.

anyway- FUCK. the japanese got fashion design on lock right now. the japanese be to fashion design what key be to lock. yadida?

heres 2 of my favorite lines.

Viridi-Anne FW07/08

http://www.viridi-anne.com/

298902174.jpg

298902175.jpg

298902179.jpg

298902182.jpg

298902184.jpg

298902258.jpg

298902264.jpg

298902260.jpg

298902262.jpg

298902263.jpg

298902329.jpg

298902331.jpg

298902333.jpg

Julius SS08

very derivative of other brands but i dont care.

julius2008layer4vo5.gif

julius2008layer14xo1.gif

julius2008layer17ie1.gif

julius2008layer19mb5.gif

julius2008layer45ix6.gif

julius2008layer55qu7.gif

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
not into any of this, they look like metro-sexual bums

im not sure you understand what metro sexual is.

as well as I'm not even sure that metro sexual is a valid term anymore. it was more of a buzzword several years ago.

and you must live in an amazing neighborhood to have bums that look like this. all of my bums have piss shit and vomit stains all over them with bubble wrap for shoes and sweatpants for hats. where you chill?

I own a lot of similar clothes, but I don't pay a lot for them. I tend to shop at pseudo-high fashion stores because I am skinny and tall and everything else is cut for medium sized people especially suits. My style is pretty conservative as well. I don't were bright clothing, mostly blacks, grays, and earth tones with a splash of color for interest.

Look up Pringle of Scotland, if I ever have a lot of extra money to spend i will spend it there. Also if you like this kind of clothing Peruvian Connection is really nice, pricey though.

I'm not surprised that Americans reacted negatively to this thread because sexuality is a hot topic in this country and looking fashionable is equated with being gay, even if it will make you look good.

Im interested to hear what Shai would say.

WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU PEOPLE LIVE? I WANT TO LIVE WHERE BUMS WEAR 200 DOLLAR RAM LEATHER TIES. AND 2000 DOLLAR WOOL PEA COATS. WHERE?

I think the theme and point is that no one sees a difference between a used leather jacket or old Gap coat you got at Goodwill and the $2k coats above. I get it, and I know quality can be noticed, but as some point it just becomes expensive for expensive sake. I still like some of the coats though...

^no i understand that they cant tell the difference, i just dont know why.

the gap actually has some nice basics. and used leather jackets usually look really good.

but that all depends on personal preference.

i didnt post this to suggest people go out and buy it, i was just showing it off. i mean, this is the consumerism section of the forum.

that being said, everything shown here is more limited than the nikes most of you cats buy and are all hand stitched and sewn. which means hours and hours of labor, on top of high quality expensive fabrics, they have a right and a reason to charge an insane amount of money... you know, vs. made the same way as all the other nikes by the same child for the same amount of money, they just cost a lot more money because this one has ostritch (or what i like to call "herpes") print on the part that goes around the toes. but whatever, do you.

also mar, i dont really buy things this expensive. there are a few items a season i try to get but by the time i have the money to throw around they are usually out of my size or the season has passed. you can see that i dont dress ridiculously expensive by visiting the "what are you wearing" thread.

I think the theme and point is that no one sees a difference between a used leather jacket or old Gap coat you got at Goodwill and the $2k coats above. I get it, and I know quality can be noticed, but as some point it just becomes expensive for expensive sake. I still like some of the coats though...

thank you, you took the words out my mouth

also mar, i dont really buy things this expensive. there are a few items a season i try to get but by the time i have the money to throw around they are usually out of my size or the season has passed. you can see that i dont dress ridiculously expensive by visiting the "what are you wearing" thread.

I figured you were just like me, an appreciator of fashion.

If you want to buy the kind of things I have heard that there are places in NY that sell random runway and high fashion stuff in a warehouse kind of setting. It might be a one week thing.

Idk there are some companies like United Colors of Benetton/Sisley that sell high fashion styles at relatively cheap prices. If you hit them near the season change you can walk away with a $100 sweater for 20-30. Their clothing tends to follow eurostyles but more basic.

also:

bluefly.com

overstock.com

forzieri.com

also if you particularly int japanese fashion: http://www.japanesestreets.com/photos/