NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i love how u guys are debating which borough has the best pizza...i live in georgia now and i would give my right arm for a slice from jersey right about now.

I could not agree with you anymore! Shit I am about 12 hours further South then you - lol Jerzee my hometown did have some dope pizza parlors back in the day - Stella's right on Grove Street and also Vinnies.

This is at Tuff city right?

saw this last year and was thinking how sad it was with the votive candles for him!

Gotta get those flicks developed because on the way back I saw a stay hihgh 149 tag at fordham road station I think it was.

Yeah Tuff City.

Check this for more pics in the TC yard:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=401793291&albumId=515092

This is at Tuff city right?

saw this last year and was thinking how sad it was with the votive candles for him!

Gotta get those flicks developed because on the way back I saw a stay hihgh 149 tag at fordham road station I think it was.

I thought it was only fitting to get those candles and put them on the train when we had the memorial for IZ there. That train was taken down after IZ passed away and replaced with another one because no one would be able to go over IZ like that. The next time that train see's daylight will be on display inside a museum!!!

IZ-candles.jpg

Here is video of him painting it...

get outta here with that noise.

BX all day. maybe before we hit Sue's we get some Captians.

I been to quite a few spots in the BX and nothing blew me away but I got some spots in BK that I'll drive from the BX just to go to. :D I guess we will see what Bem can come up with... the only question is what night can he can put the family to bed and come out to play with the boys??? :lol:

And for the record.. I'll take ANY pizza spot in the greater NY area over the crap here in Cali!!!! LOL

but I got some spots in BK that I'll drive from the BX! LOL

thats what the fuck im talkin about. used to be a spot on the corner of Ave U and Utica that had the ill "oil drip down ya arm slices" and the lemon italian icies to go with it. thats the BK i remember. just cafes' and cool hip bars on every corner now.

Does anybody have the pieces that they are photographing in style wars? Iz Min and ????

"This is it this is it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

you know the car I mean

i've only ever seen footage of it (that footage) and it would be cool to see it still!!!

I have the photos that IZ was actually taking when he was being filmed in Style Wars and those are pics that will come out in his book. ;)

As far as the Pizza argument goes... My favorite spot is L&B Spumoni Gardens on 86th st in Bensonhurst, It's always my first stop when I get to NY!!! Other favorite spots are Grimaldi's at the base of the BK Bridge, Pasty's the slices are so thin I double them up and eat 2 at a time soooo gooodddddd!!!! Lombardi's pie's are good but their fresh Mozz and Tomato appetizer is off the chain!!!!!

One spot I keep hearing about and want to go in a couple weeks when I am there is Di Fara's in BK, I keep hearing real good things about it, anyone here been there?

When is the book coming out.???

I'm becoming a bit skeptical on graff books with the 100's out now but a book on Iz the Wiz would definitely go on my bookshelf

I'm hoping to release the book and the film together sometime mid next year. If everything goes as planned there will be a limited "collectors edition" of the book with the film inside the front

cover and a super limited run with the above but with some other goodies along with it. ;-)