NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Some more forgotten names from back in the day... SIKO & RUST, FLAME-TPA, GREG (with the dollar sign in the G), PRO & SON, KOOL AD (Angel Duster), KEVIN/EX-1, I'm starting to notice the OD fills in a lot of the older photos and movies-I forgot about that dude, he was definitely up. Might have been OD-3 to be exact. So much history.

Some more forgotten names from back in the day... SIKO & RUST, FLAME-TPA, GREG (with the dollar sign in the G), PRO & SON, KOOL AD (Angel Duster), KEVIN/EX-1, I'm starting to notice the OD fills in a lot of the older photos and movies-I forgot about that dude, he was definitely up. Might have been OD-3 to be exact. So much history.

There are TONS and TONS of writers that are never talked about that were killing shit back in the days. There is a new book that is coming out towards the end or the year that talks about alot of the early guys.

i think that dude rust was the smoked out fool taking a tag in the last car in the Bruce davidson book SUBWAY. shit is for sale on Amazon for 400.00. i remember seeing that shit in the city back in the 80s for 20 bucks...should have snatched it when i had the chance.

here go some fliks i found from that book online. theres one famous photo

img-mg---conn-subway-1_134505291744.jpg

book168br-a.jpg

subway.gif

5ebeed65fd66c60dc8ffe222dbbb3e1c-l.jpg

davidson2.jpg

if you remember seeing these dudes riding the train then you are really telling ur age...

bruce_davidson_subway.jpg

and riding between cars..

ghost, im right up there with you. i did some insides once and like 5 of these dudes walked through the train. i thought for sure they were going to harass me because the ink smell was still in the air. they just kept going....whew!

yeah i heard they made a bit of a comeback in the recent past..lol @ bem the tourist...

i think that dude rust was the smoked out fool taking a tag in the last car in the Bruce davidson book SUBWAY. shit is for sale on Amazon for 400.00. i remember seeing that shit in the city back in the 80s for 20 bucks...should have snatched it when i had the chance.

if you remember seeing these dudes riding the train then you are really telling ur age...

That pic of that chik is a great shot!

img-mg---conn-subway-1_134505291744.jpg

book168br-a.jpg

subway.gif

davidson2.jpg

4th picture down. Guy on the right. Wasn't he the lead dancer in the Michael Jackson "Beat It" video? I saw it recently.

I'll be looking forward to that book Epmd ! Zed, those are killer flix, loving that inside-Fuzz got busy ! Definitely spotted the Guardian Angels a few times back then, does ANYBODY have that movie that came out about them back around '81 or '82 ??? That had lots of classic subway action ! I think I vaguely remember the name Oster being somewhat prevalent in that flic.