NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: NYC Subways - the good stuff

I posted this awhile ago somewhere online and it got slutted around but I have'nt seen it posted here.

Its a really rare photo from yours truly & the only one that exists with the windows painted while the train was flying by out of service thorugh Baychester Ave in the Bronx during the evening rush hour a few hours after it was done. It was painted in Utica Ave layup on the 4& 5's in late 1988 on a weekday between rush hours. Unfortunately it was a bit disrespected in the Kingston Ave layups in Brooklyn the following day when few local writers did floater throwups that nicked both pieces. That and the acid chemicals they used to clean the windows leaves this photo as the only one in existance where the pieces are not ruined.

The "And" piece is by "Magoo2". Magoo just brings it... One of my favorite writers of all time.

scan0041ms2.jpg

scan0041ms2.62b7216406.jpg

Nah G.h.o.p....Maybe your thinking of Ask which was another name Pure wrote.

@Labrat. No problem on the stories. So many stories so many missions. Some which I forgot This mission stuck in my head as I had only hit Utica Ave twice and remember both times very accuarately.

@Q718...Thanks, that looks much crisper now. Now if that was only a way to unblur the pic a bit.

Is their and unblurrer?

Nah G.h.o.p....Maybe your thinking of Ask which was another name Pure wrote.

@Labrat. No problem on the stories. So many stories so many missions. Some which I forgot This mission stuck in my head as I had only hit Utica Ave twice and remember both times very accuarately.

@Q718...Thanks, that looks much crisper now. Now if that was only a way to unblur the pic a bit.

Is their and unblurrer?

There is a sharpen filter all though it doesn't work very well. Plus I'm weak with photoshop someone with some more knowledge maybe able to help.

stan and priz rocked both sides. it's a subway restoration museum upstate. the owner was restoring the car while they painted.

2301643293_91abdc7f13_o.jpg

originally posted in new york city thread -------

Thanks Pre.

r.i.p. nyc thread.

Criz, get working on putting that FBA car together,, puh puh pleaze!

any chance of hearing the other Utica Ave story?

That other story was quite similar except it involved a little red bird. It happened a few weeks later towards the end of 1988 with Magoo & I. This was during the very end of the graff on Subways on the 2&5's, We went to Utica at 10AM not knowing whether a bombed train or clean train would be parked in there. We spent two hours painting that little red bird. Then went home , cleaned up , ate some lunch and came back to Utica Station for the evening rush hour. The train pulled out and made one full in service trip during the evening rush to the Bronx. Magoo & I rode it all the way from Utica to Dyre Ave to flick it. It was alot of fun watching people's expression when the car pulled in the station. It was like "oh no" they're painting these cars now too.

• Like 1

Why not do a book ven on the latter years of subway graff us Europeans go crazy for the old NYC

Their has been discussion amongst members of RIS/AOK/AMW about doing a book in the past.

I think it will happen one day. Perhaps when I'm bored of what I'm doing currently with my life I will find the time to do something as far as a book is concerned.

yo V, that red bird your talkin about is one of my faves towards the end...

still love all them silvers you and mesh did in mid 80s...i know you hate em. .haha

Nah I dont hate them silvers...I just don't like the fact that they are not my outlines.

So I don't like taking full credit for them. Then again I'm not going to complain because I think Mesh was really dope with it. So it is what is and I was there filling them in. I learned alot about painting from people like Mesh, Reas & Pure during that 85-86 period.

Best Thread by far IMO. Peace to Criz, Lab, Pre, ven and all the others unlocking the vaults. and to GhostOF for starting this thread and preserving the gems in one location. This is the Era that got everyone painting or wanting to do graff worldwide.

Good seeing alot of people still doing it at well, I remember seeing Tyke Rea killing the 2s and 5's then after he kings the streets like Joz, Easy and Josh5 nuff respect due.