Reefer Madness

thesteelrod

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand all the numbers getting gone over.. why? Just selfish to me.. It heats up even allready heated spots, period. If you care at all about the future of our rail system and being able to paint, as well as working class rail workers just trying to do their job, youll go around them. To me it perpetuates the stereotype of writers being young selfish thuggy punks. There are also alot of older guys who have been doing monikers since before any of us where doing aerosol, that would like to continue to streak without more heated yards. Your fucking stupid flick looking cute and clean, isnt as important as the preservation of this freight culture.

please dont try to romanticize vandalism. selfish thuggy punks are the only types of people going into freight yards and spraypainting shit all over the cars anyway. you could always go on a black and white stamping mission if you truly feel the plight of the rail workers that deeply.

I dont understand all the numbers getting gone over.. why? Just selfish to me.. It heats up even allready heated spots, period. If you care at all about the future of our rail system and being able to paint, as well as working class rail workers just trying to do their job, youll go around them. To me it perpetuates the stereotype of writers being young selfish thuggy punks. There are also alot of older guys who have been doing monikers since before any of us where doing aerosol, that would like to continue to streak without more heated yards. Your fucking stupid flick looking cute and clean, isnt as important as the preservation of this freight culture.

amen brotha

please dont try to romanticize vandalism. selfish thuggy punks are the only types of people going into freight yards and spraypainting shit all over the cars anyway. you could always go on a black and white stamping mission if you truly feel the plight of the rail workers that deeply.

If you want to limit yourself to that label fine.. ive been painting on fr8s since 93 and dont consider myself as a selfish thuggy punk, because I try and respect the raillroad as much as I can while I do what im gonna do. And yes, I do romanticize freights and the culture of writing on them, because I fucking love it, and the long history of trains and writing graffiti on them.

If you want to limit yourself to that label fine.. ive been painting on fr8s since 93 and dont consider myself as a selfish thuggy punk, because I try and respect the raillroad as much as I can while I do what im gonna do. And yes, I do romanticize freights and the culture of writing on them, because I fucking love it, and the long history of trains and writing graffiti on them.

honestly i do usually go around the numbers. i do understand the fuss about it and the implications of not doing it..

the numbers on that particular car were already crossed and partially gone over. i could have rewritten the numbers i guess, but i chose to go the other route. it was going to get stamped anyway. i could have saved myself from the ghost stamp, but the car was already so smashed to hell, i just didnt care.

sometimes its just about going out and painting a freight.

Archived