Clemens, Gagne, Pettit, Tejada!

MitchThe$nitch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
what ever happened to players that used alcohol to step there game up. i used to drink whiskey before my games and i always did awsome. you didnt worry so much, and you played like it was still fun.

well david wells might pitch for some team next year... I am pretty sure he just does lots of coke and gets wasted before every game... Manny is constantly fucking stoned, its how he hits so good... but other then that I don't think many players get fucked up anymore...

And barnden donnelly is the only current red sox player listed and the sox just non-tendered him... so he doesn't even play for the sox anymore....

Eric Gagne is a Red Sox player. They might have traded him after the season was over, I'm not sure. But he sure played (like shit) in 2007.

If you look at the report, you'll notice that the Sox are not the only team that does not currently have a player mentioned in it. There are, I believe, two people that Mitchell talked to, in the presence of federal agents. Their information is limited to the teams they worked with.

Another thing, the Red Sox new management is very observant about steroid use. IF you read the parts about Gagne and Donnelly, you will see that it is noted that Theo Epstein, the GM, was very concerned about whether or not the two were still on the juice, and questioned the people who worked around them when they traded for both. Considering that both pitchers sucked, especially Gagne, while playing for the Red Sox, it can be assumed that they were forced to stop the steroid use once coming to Boston.

i think you should let the use steroids

they get paid millions of dollars to uphold a superhero status

why not?

baseball is so boring

i want to see balls being hit out of the park all day

What a load of bullshit. If baseball is boring, then don't watch it. There are millions of us who love the game, every aspect of it, and hate the fact that it has been tarnished by illegal steroid use. It is a game about natural abilities, just like every other sport, NOT about unnatural abilities. The beauty of sports is when a player has so much natural ability that they excel above others in sports. It is what makes those of us tear up when we hear Lou Gehrigs' retirement speech and what makes us remember Willie Mays' over-the-shoulders catch more than any other catch. It's what made names like Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Joe DiMaggio, and Hank Aaron house-hold names.

What you want is to cheapen the sport so that it amounts to a bunch of people shooting up drugs to hit home runs. That is what is truly boring, and pathetic.

• Like 1

Totally in agreement with F666. Team sports in general have been getting 'cheapened' or watered down. However you want to put it. Whether it be making stadiums smaller(Baseball) or making it more difficult to play defense(Football, Hockey and Basketball). A premium has been placed on entertainment, the show boating and raw athleticism rather than the fundamentals and perfection of a sport played. But after all it is just entertainment in the end.

Uhm. Because it is against the rules to use the substances they used to get an edge.

There are plenty of major leaguers that will tell you people are like Clemens and the others mentioned above are a cancer to the sport. Eating it away.

I would love to see a similar investigation into the NFL and NBA, see what happens then.