The 27th Anniversary Of The Murder Of John Lennon

the_gooch

Today, 12/8/2007, marks the 27th anniversary of the murder of John Lennon.

Fan of his music or not, it's hard to not recognize him as an icon of multiple generations.

Personally, I've always been a fan of The Beatles and Lennon's solo work, I was raised on it. 27 years ago today, I was in the 1ST grade and I was on my way to school when my family heard on the morning news that John Lennon had been assassinated.

At any rate, just thought I'd share.

R.I.P John Lennon 10/9/1940 - 12/8/1980

71487752_1c156333b3.jpg

6u9bhvn.jpg

lennon.jpg

John_Lennon1.jpg

141947__lennon_l.jpg

duffy.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

I don't consider John Lennon a hippie, though. He just changed with the times.

He was always committed to peace, however.

I wonder what he'd think of the state of the world if he was still alive today.

Guest shai_hulud
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE, FUCK OFF. LETS LIVE OR DIE IN A REALITY BASED MIND SET. THERES NO PEACE TILL THERES JUSTICE, AND ITS JUST US.

So if someone offered you an all-expenses-paid sabbatical for a year to, say, Baghdad...would you do it?

If so, how long do you think would you last?

I think some people in this country have NO IDEA how other people in the world live, and take a lot of things like relative peace in the US for granted.

It's not perfect here, but there's places like Colombia or Sao Paulo where you can get killed for no reason at all.

So if someone offered you an all-expenses-paid sabbatical for a year to, say, Baghdad...would you do it?

I think some people in this country have NO IDEA how other people in the world live, and take a lot of things like relative peace in the US for granted.

It's not perfect here, but there's places like Colombia or Sao Paulo where you can get killed for no reason at all.

NO I WOULDNT GO TO BAGDAD, WHY WOULD I PUT MYSELF IN A POSITION TO DEAL WITH TYRANNY, AND THE OPPRESION OF WOMEN.

WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT HERE IN THE US.

I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DIFFERENT PLACES IN TEH WORLS, AND YES WE HAVE IT GOOD; BUT DONT GET IT TWISTED.

YOU CAN GET KILLED FOR NO REASON ANYWHERE.

Exactly, I wonder what his "reality based mind state" is.

It's easy to talk shit, but to actually try to make changes, that's the hard part.

John Lennon was using his celebrity status to try to bring more public awareness to social issues of his day. That's more than anyone can say about Biggie or 2pac, and yeah, he was FAR from a hippy.

Guest shai_hulud
NO I WOULDNT GO TO BAGDAD, WHY WOULD I PUT MYSELF IN A POSITION TO DEAL WITH TYRANNY, AND THE OPPRESION OF WOMEN.

I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DIFFERENT PLACES IN TEH WORLS, AND YES WE HAVE IT GOOD; BUT DONT GET IT TWISTED.

YOU CAN GET KILLED FOR NO REASON ANYWHERE.

I think you just agreed with me. I could be wrong.

I'm no hippie. But I'm not a nihilist, either.

What purpose does violence serve? Really think about that. It doesn't prove out arguments. It's merely a means to an end through submission.

I'M NOT ON HERE TO MAKE CHANGES YOU PUTZ. THIS IS A FORUM TO DICUSS VARIOUS ISSUES, AND WITHIN THOSE ISSUES ARE DIFFERENT OPINIONS. DID YOU NOT THINK THERE WOULD BE VARIATING THOUGHTS IN THIS THREAD; OR WERE YOU LOOKIN FOR THE GENERIC MISSIONARY POSITION SHIT: GOOD THREAD, AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT, AND ALL THAT OTHER GENERAL FAKENESS? I ALWAYS WILL AND ALWAYS HAVE TOLD IT LIKE IT IS, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT FUCK YOU TWICE. THAT IS MY "REALITY BASED MIND SET". IF YOU DONT GET IT, HERES A BRIEF EXPLAINATION- I LIVE MY LIFE WITH THE EXPECTATION THAT EVERYDAY MIGHT BE MY LAST, AND THUS MY ACTIONS FOLLOW SUIT. GET IT NOW?, LIVING IN A MIND SET OF THE REALITY THAT IS EVERYDAY LIVING.

I AGREED WITH YOU ON THIS PART: I think some people in this country have NO IDEA how other people in the world live, and take a lot of things like relative peace in the US for granted.

BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE I'M A REALIST(IS THAT EVEN A WORD?).

I REALIZE THAT MY REALITY IS WHAT I'M LIVIG IN EVERYDAY. SO I ROLL WITH THAT?

ok, so in your last statement you talked about justice, what do YOU do, if anything at all, to fight the aforementioned injustice??

or, as your initially statement suggests, do you just not give a fuck about anything. 'cause if that's the case you seem to be contradicting yourself. your talking about tyranny and the oppression of women abroad and here in the states as if it bothers you, and it should. yet your initial statement, like i just said, suggests your indifference until we all have justice.

so, how do you suggest we get justice? by not giving a fuck? buy supporting underground hip-hop? buy bombing shit and saying fuck cops? by shitting on people who actually tried to get justice?

please, tell me.

Guest shai_hulud

Okay, DP.

It just sounded like something else to me. No worries.

We see things differently. I try to avoid conflict, but I won't back down from it if I don't have a choice.

I've seen some crazy shit in my time, and I like to promote what I believe in.

As do you.

Guest shai_hulud
i like lennon but good god yoko was rechid... anyone ever hear the bag song? bitch sits in a burlap sack with a mic and screams like a retard

Thanks for reminding me. Now I have to go get blacked out drunk to erase the memory.

DAMN YOU!!!

I'M NOT ON HERE TO MAKE CHANGES YOU PUTZ. THIS IS A FORUM TO DICUSS VARIOUS ISSUES, AND WITHIN THOSE ISSUES ARE DIFFERENT OPINIONS. DID YOU NOT THINK THERE WOULD BE VARIATING THOUGHTS IN THIS THREAD; OR WERE YOU LOOKIN FOR THE GENERIC MISSIONARY POSITION SHIT: GOOD THREAD, AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT, AND ALL THAT OTHER GENERAL FAKENESS? I ALWAYS WILL AND ALWAYS HAVE TOLD IT LIKE IT IS, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT FUCK YOU TWICE. THAT IS MY "REALITY BASED MIND SET". IF YOU DONT GET IT, HERES A BRIEF EXPLAINATION- I LIVE MY LIFE WITH THE EXPECTATION THAT EVERYDAY MIGHT BE MY LAST, AND THUS MY ACTIONS FOLLOW SUIT. GET IT NOW?, LIVING IN A MIND SET OF THE REALITY THAT IS EVERYDAY LIVING.

1. the fact that you type in all caps gives me a fuckin headache.

2. i understand that this is a forum, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

3. i'm glad you feel compelled to express your opinion about my, or any other thread.

3. you "telling it like it is" is only you telling it as you see it, it's not REALLY the way it is.

4. i live my life the same way kid, but it doesn't mean i'm gonna sit on my ass and cry about people who tried to make a difference in this world because i don't ageee about how they handled their shit. Because if that was the case, I would be like you, and if this really was the last day of my life, boy what a waste of a day it would be.

5. Realist IS in fact a word:

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861700797/realist.html

seems like you should get a dictionary and learn some new words before your last day really creeps up on you.

ok, so in your last statement you talked about justice, what do YOU do, if anything at all, to fight the aforementioned injustice??

or, as your initially statement suggests, do you just not give a fuck about anything. 'cause if that's the case you seem to be contradicting yourself. your talking about tyranny and the oppression of women abroad and here in the states as if it bothers you, and it should. yet your initial statement, like i just said, suggests your indifference until we all have justice.

so, how do you suggest we get justice? by not giving a fuck? buy supporting underground hip-hop? buy bombing shit and saying fuck cops? by shitting on people who actually tried to get justice?

please, tell me.

WHAT DO I DO, I BOOT NAZIS IN THE FACE FOR TRYING TO SUPPRESS THE COMMON RIGHT OF ALL PEOPLE TO BE WHO THEY ARE; WHITE, BLACK, CHINESE, AND LATIN...........ETC.

I CARE ABOUT ALOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS IN THIS WORLD. I AM BY NO MEANS APATHETIC.

THERE WILL BE NO FULL ON "PEACE" IN THIS NATION AS WELL AS IN THE WORLD, UNTIL THERE CAN BE JUSTICE ON ALL FRONTS. PLEASE DONT TRY TO MAKE MY WORDS SOUND LIKE SOMETHING YOU WOULD SAY.

YOU CAN GET JUSTICE BY STANDING UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN ON ALL FRONTS OF YOUR LIFE.

AS FAR AS THIS COMMENT GOES:so, how do you suggest we get justice? by not giving a fuck? buy supporting underground hip-hop? buy bombing shit and saying fuck cops? by shitting on people who actually tried to get justice?....

PLEASE DONT DUMMYDOWN YOUR OWN OPINION.

YOUR COMMENT IS NON-REALITY BASED.

MAYBE NOW YOU'LL GET IT, AS YOU SAID IN MY (NEG) PROP; FAG.