MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Alright so I was looking for a way to make a somewhat mop equivalent to the chapstick marker idea... something very small, very concealable, but still very effective. I took one of these things, emptied it, took out the little fine line applicator at the top, filled it with some (somewhat) homemade ink (pen ink + pilot + methylene blue), put in a chalkboard eraser as a nib, and bam, it turned out really nice. It's probably been done before, but hey, this thread needs all it can get as of late.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/43/1/AAAAAqadBdoAAAAAAEMdmw.jpg

^That's what I started with

Photo202.jpg

^The deck of cards is just there for judging size.

Photo201.jpg

i would love to see the lil mini streaker.

that is a nice lil tip whoever posted the CVS mop, and guy who posted the mop he made with the pilot pens and meth blue, nice work. try a visine bottle next. i make a joint out of some fabric, then i wrap it in a foot or so of thread and feed it into the bottle and that way i can write on concrete all i want, and when the nib gets fucked up, i just trim off the edges and get back to moving. it is mad concealable and the top of the visine bottle shapes the nib into a perfect bullet shape every time

sorry for the typos. im so damn tired.

Alright so I was looking for a way to make a somewhat mop equivalent to the chapstick marker idea... something very small, very concealable, but still very effective. I took one of these things, emptied it, took out the little fine line applicator at the top, filled it with some (somewhat) homemade ink (pen ink + pilot + methylene blue), put in a chalkboard eraser as a nib, and bam, it turned out really nice. It's probably been done before, but hey, this thread needs all it can get as of late.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/43/1/AAAAAqadBdoAAAAAAEMdmw.jpg

^That's what I started with

Photo202.jpg

^The deck of cards is just there for judging size.

Photo201.jpg

Hate these new damn like 1oz markers everyone's on about.

why not stay on topic?

anybody have any conclusive info or analysis on whether the valve in the valve action markers forces air into the barrel and building pressure? or is it just a spring vlave that opens the flow of ink?

i aimt to dissect a woodcraft next time i get into my evil closet of graff tools, but im so stoned, and im so lazy....

i mean i see it on the other side of the room, but im like meh... im trying to muster up the enetrgy to go paint right now...

If im using a rusto paint/thinner mixture in a shoe polish mop, should i take out the little valve system or would that ruin the nib ? it flows and drips but something is off about it

Ive always taken the flow reg. out makes the mop alot more drippier, but it also depends on how thin your mix is. If its not that thin id suggest the reg out if it is thin id say keep it in because shits gonna be so drippy your tag might just end up like a blob of paint dripping down the wall.

boys boys.... calm down. back to business.

do some drugs fry some acid, do the right thing. get back on track and write your name. thats what we are all here for isnt it?

i remermber as a young child i would write on the walls and get in trouble for it but deep down inside everyone could relatre to it on some deep level. i mean even my mother would giggle and smile and stuff and so do people in public after i spray SWINE FLUUUUUU all down the alley and they love it

the people need it

graffiti is the narration of the rhythym of the heartbeat of the family that is graffiti

we are one it is all

that is it

fuck im really out there hahahahAHAAAAA

it ha to do with over filloing them.

sorry im kinda fducked up but hetre it the re3cipe to all my ability

basically wehat you do is go to the art store and payour little 2.50 to buy an ounce of the pilot ink, and once you ave broken dowen yourn puilot jumbo nib and made it a really fat width, you can press on it and kinda pump it while you are writing and get alittle bi8t of dtrip out of it like you are pumping a sponge4 or something.....

hope thismakes sense.

holler at me if it doesnt through teh pm's

yeah i got the refills.. so what youre saying is fill it til it doesnt absorb into the cotton anymore? i kinda thought this was the case but it seems like that cotton just sucks it all in without end..thanks i will try this

YEAH I MEAN WELL THE RESERVOIR CAPACITY IS FINITE. BECAUSE THERE IS ALREADY SOMETHING IN IT (THE COTTON) SO IT OBVIOUSLY CANT TAKE MORE LIQUID VOUME THAN THE SPACE THAT THE COTTON AHD TH AIR IN THE CHAMBER OCCUBPIES.

YOU GET FLOW BY PRESSING HARD IN A PUMPING MOTUION. IFYOU PRESS HARD ALL THE WAY THROUGH, YOUR LINES JUST LOOK LIKE GAHBAGE.

fuck sorery aqbout the caps.........

yeah yeah i was speaking figuratively about it being infinite.. i just meant its taking a massive amount of ink... but fasho it worked.. ahhah at first it all just splurted out.. but i emptied it a little and i did the pumping motion and i got some nice drips.. am i supposed to props you or something i don't really know this message board etiquette

why not stay on topic?

anybody have any conclusive info or analysis on whether the valve in the valve action markers forces air into the barrel and building pressure? or is it just a spring vlave that opens the flow of ink?

i aimt to dissect a woodcraft next time i get into my evil closet of graff tools, but im so stoned, and im so lazy....

i mean i see it on the other side of the room, but im like meh... im trying to muster up the enetrgy to go paint right now...

sorry for the long pause, but yea its just a valve, and very simple one at that.

im not at home other wise i would take pics.

but it is just a hole on top and a round disk that is bigger that the hole. and the spring holds the disk against the top hole making a seal when you press down the hole opens.well the disk moves out of the way.

some times i will trim the disk to get better flow,

knowing how the valve works i am amazed that 99% of ppl think rusto wont flow throw it,

and almost 100% of them have never even tried it.