Official toy battle thread

Krusify

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just joined 12oz the other day and plan to take part regularly in battles so yeah, here is my first post and entry :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58532755@N02/5629621770

Sorry about the link but I really struggled with the upload and getting the picture down to size and I lost alot of quality, hope you can get through that link ... Crits would be good :)

I just joined 12oz the other day and plan to take part regularly in battles so yeah, here is my first post and entry :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58532755@N02/5629621770

Sorry about the link but I really struggled with the upload and getting the picture down to size and I lost alot of quality, hope you can get through that link ... Crits would be good :)

here you go

5629621770_10b0de8f5c_b.jpg

My vote is going to Animal Mother because it's a good style and I like his handstyle. Improvements would be; Drawing the outline in pencil because I don't like the blue work lines and to have been more careful when using the black marker because the top of the 'S' is wonky, the middle of the 'W' and the bit on the 'I' lol.

Good proportions and fading with a gully outline!

voting for animal mother.

-----------------------------

i couldn't really make up my mind because nothing really jumped out at me, but i'll vote for ANIMAL MOTHER. wasn't really feeling the lines attached to the bottom of the 's' and 'i', but it was a bit more tolerable than the 10 arrows i counted along the bottom of EIDO's, (no diss), it might look decent at first glance, but when you study it a bit you start to question what is happening. I dunno, hiding your letters behind a pretty fill is about the same to me as hiding them behind a lot of addons.

AXR i was definitely feeling, but I think it was a bit too spaced out for me, and i think that using colored pencils really screwed you over...

GIML75, your letters have no proportion to them. They're wonky. try keeping a steady width throughout your entire letter. Also, don't kill it by adding arrows.

YOKAI, i was definitely feeling it,but I think you put way too much time into the squid vs the actually word. I usually feel your stuff over everything else, but it didn't seem like you were going all in on this one and I think it showed a bit.

DRIPS1, again, you had arrows just going in every direction and your letters were just squished together with no real direction. It was a bit confusing. Try spacing them out a bit and keeping them directed on a steady and progressive line. shoot for something simple and try to keep the proportions of each letter intact. Letters first, addons after.

PIEONE, i was definitely feeling the fill, but it killed me to see you connecting letters like that, e.g. the K and W.

MaltLiquorJunior, keep going in the direction you're going.

Skatey8, I'm sure you could have spiced that up a little bit.

----

Hah, feel free to start throwing the tomatoes.

I like the 2nd one from the bottom and the last one, sorry i dont know your guys names, but the last one down the bottom i wasn't feeling the top part of the s and it could have looked fresher with markers or the shading better.The 2nd last one flowed nicely and i really liked the idea of the w with the squids legs but i didn't like the character in general but still.

Oh also, there is letter structure in mine and i counted 6 arrows and mostly all of them are getting rid of that dead space, in my opinion there was a reason for them being there and hey, it was a 20min freestyle what can i say, i'm not that great when it comes to freestyles.