Legal Walls

stoke

Are legal walls effective at decreasing the ammount of illegal graffiti?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I haven't been a writer for very long, but I feel that legal walls serve a different purpose.

They're like chill spots that you can practice, take your time, and make some crazy shit.

Graffiti's main roots is in illegality and that's where it's always gonna be =]

they should have a legal spot to paint, cause if your really in the mood to go out and paint but theres no good spots, and its day time, you can make a peice on a legal wall without worrie. legal walls dont decrease illegal activity, for the most part it increases. when you expose it to the public, the more chance there is gonna be someone that also wants there name up, or start puttin it up. a good example is when every train use to be painted, there were a shit load of writers, but the less people that get up, the less others will notice and idol it(like they did in 70's & 80's).

In my opinion legals are cool for when people want to put up some nice burners and don't want to worry about getting booked. They are also useful for exhibits and gatherings. But on some reals, they don't decrease the amount of illegal graf and they certainly don't make illegal graf look better. To make illegal graf look better, you need to go out bomb and try to figure out how to make it look better. Having a legal to practice on don't make sense. Use paper to practice on. Use walls to show what your practiced and perfected. It would be cool to have walls that you can go and paint and not have to pay for a permit and have to deal with paperwork but that aint happening anytime soon where I live.

which college is this for?

it seems far too many colleges these days ask about graff which is very strange.

its called bullshitting your way through an open ended assignment... personally if you asked me, id tell you i dont see any merit to this poll whatsoever. thanks for all the cooperation though.

well some kids like legals because if they still live with there parents and they dont want to order caps,markers,paint ect. they can always tell them its for the legal wall and just use them to bomb. just my 2cents

well some kids like legals because if they still live with there parents and they dont want to order caps,markers,paint ect. they can always tell them its for the legal wall and just use them to bomb. just my 2cents

Please tell me you're joking.