Freights are not classic rock, hardcore, or metal

Guest L.RonHubbard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha trying to associate graffiti,or any kind of visual art with any kind of music is ridiculous,they`re two totally different art forms,independent and able to exist without the other. coexisting depends on personal tatse.if you like hip hop fr8s are gonan be hip hop to you,if you like bluegrass fr8`s are gonna sound mighty bluegrass to you.trying to prove that your personal tatse in music is right and the way everyone should see/hear is futial and you will be laughed at.

oh! im that guy. yeah sure, whateva. go and beat yourself handjob. i agree that graff cant be related to any music genre. But for those who say graff aint hip hop, your 'dead wrong'. so your saying that there are only three elements of hip hop now..?? go ask yourself that question. you can write and listen to whateva music you want, just remember about that third element,,,,beyoootch! peace.

FILP you are acting really dumb right about now... i think you need to enhance your calm, and think how dumb you sound.... there was no hip hop when the modern day graffiti thingy started so how on earth could it be related??????? if you can answer that one with a half way decent answer i might just read the whole thing!:D :D :rolleyes: :D :D :D

no one said hip hop was around when graffiti was happening in the late 70's and early 80's. It was adpoted into hip hop.. (it was made an element). does that answer your question. all im trying to get across is that graffiti is an element of hip hop regardless of what music you listen to, so it dont matter what you listen...payce

Originally posted by cAzer

yea i would be stoked to hit that train but it is kinda odd to have that train in a chill ass spot, but dont sweat you should be psyched that you saw that ill ono freight there....

This is the most relevant post yet on this stupid topic.

Originally posted by FLiPWriTeR

no one said hip hop was around when graffiti was happening in the late 70's and early 80's. It was adpoted into hip hop.. (it was made an element). does that answer your question. all im trying to get across is that graffiti is an element of hip hop regardless of what music you listen to, so it dont matter what you listen...payce

sorry i got to the 2nd line of it and realized you a fuckin stupid ass.....

Guest snafuno

but if you say graffiti aint hip hop, nigga you AINT no writer

your right!!! I'm not a writer I am an artist! everyone who participates in defacing public or private property is some sort of artist! wheather it be a scribble, a line, a word, moniker, character or shit stain it resembles art. Now the catagory in which it is label is another stoory. So all this hip hop or rock'n roll madness is just what the artist is inspired by or prefers. I think if back in th 70's if graffiti was adopted by slayer and some butt rockers the same issue would arise and graff would suuposedly be rock'n roll....I would just like to know what in the hell is hip hop???that word or phrase is thrown around so loosely nowadays that everything is hip hop???? I would like an intelligent response to this please!!:confused:

everybodys got there opinion of the realtionship of hip hop and writing.

allow me to shed some light on a subject i discuss often with members of the "hip hop" community. writing a name continously with ink or spray paint was born in philly around 1966. it began to catch on in nyc independently around 1969. by 1975 writing was a new unique culture

akin to nothing else in the history of mankind/except maybe hobo sketches which date back to the great depression, perhaps even further/

MCing a party (hosting a party using clever snappy rhyme schemes to introduce other performers) did not become popular until the late 70's. maybe 78 or 79. break dancing became a lil more popular around this time as well. even at this point it was still pretty confined to uptown neighborhoods. no body was walking around talking about hip hop this an hip hop that. combining the three "elements" was something that was created in hollywood for the most part. but even in the movies about hip hop there is some reflection of the truth. you didnt see iz the wiz and quik breakdancing in style wars. in beat street there was one kid who wrote, one kid who did the music and one kid who, broke (thats the past tense of break..dance that is). it wasnt some elemental all in one super b-boy who did all three. yall need to get off that hip hop started writing shit for real cause its false, straight up and down. hip hop may have introduced writing to people outside of nyc but it is NOT responsible for the birth of writing. writing was around for years as its own culture before henry chalfant and tony silver brought it to the world.

furthermore the three words to which our culture is usually assigned (writing, graffiti, artist). the last two are terms were given to the culture by people who did not write. from jump we called ourselvs writers. we didnt become "graffiti artist" until outsiders started naming us...until we became one of the 3 "elements" of hip hop. thats when it became more important to make pretty pictures as opposed to getting up/when we became artist and longed for acceptance by the public. so we had to be considered artist. to all the writers out there...writing is just writing/not an element of hip hop, not a form of fine art where the end result is to be accepted in th art world and the public. i think skeme said it best:

i didnt start writing to go to paris, i didnt start writing to do canvases i started writing to bomb, destroy all lines"

Guest kasmoney

f8s are heavy and made of metal....yo yo yoyoyoyo yo yo yo...honey seen me jumpin out the money green truck!

oh yea 215 ..whut yaa knoe bout dat?...PHILADELPHIA!

Originally posted by Average White Railfan

everybodys got there opinion of the realtionship of hip hop and writing.

allow me to shed some light on a subject i discuss often with members of the "hip hop" community. writing a name continously with ink or spray paint was born in philly around 1966. it began to catch on in nyc independently around 1969. by 1975 writing was a new unique culture

akin to nothing else in the history of mankind/except maybe hobo sketches which date back to the great depression, perhaps even further/

MCing a party (hosting a party using clever snappy rhyme schemes to introduce other performers) did not become popular until the late 70's. maybe 78 or 79. break dancing became a lil more popular around this time as well. even at this point it was still pretty confined to uptown neighborhoods. no body was walking around talking about hip hop this an hip hop that. combining the three "elements" was something that was created in hollywood for the most part. but even in the movies about hip hop there is some reflection of the truth. you didnt see iz the wiz and quik breakdancing in style wars. in beat street there was one kid who wrote, one kid who did the music and one kid who, broke (thats the past tense of break..dance that is). it wasnt some elemental all in one super b-boy who did all three. yall need to get off that hip hop started writing shit for real cause its false, straight up and down. hip hop may have introduced writing to people outside of nyc but it is NOT responsible for the birth of writing. writing was around for years as its own culture before henry chalfant and tony silver brought it to the world.

furthermore the three words to which our culture is usually assigned (writing, graffiti, artist). the last two are terms were given to the culture by people who did not write. from jump we called ourselvs writers. we didnt become "graffiti artist" until outsiders started naming us...until we became one of the 3 "elements" of hip hop. thats when it became more important to make pretty pictures as opposed to getting up/when we became artist and longed for acceptance by the public. so we had to be considered artist. to all the writers out there...writing is just writing/not an element of hip hop, not a form of fine art where the end result is to be accepted in th art world and the public. i think skeme said it best:

i didnt start writing to go to paris, i didnt start writing to do canvases i started writing to bomb, destroy all lines"

breaking it down...man that was it..no more stupid topics..for the ones that need info

this will pretty much answer any question that arises in that little inmatrue graffiti mind of yours.(new,old,ignorant,stupid,curious). in this cultrue,hobby,rush,addiction...or what ever the reason u do it..

once again average white....once again...

• 4 weeks later...

HIP HOP YA DONT STOP

id have to say writing has no connection with any kind of music..

its roots are older than hip-hop and punk rock/metal so there goes that idea

and if being down with some sort of scene is your only reason for writing then

pick a new hobby

writing isnt a brotherhood, it isnt a scene

its something we do to help us forget about all the other crap in our lives

and for those few hours we have total control of something...

it amazes me when i hear kids from some back ass suburban town talking

all ghetto trying so hard to be something they arent...

how does painting your name make us any tuffer?

lets all stash the egos and be proud of who we are

damn....

this is an interesting thread, but it's pretty dumb to argue over.

what i'm saying is- go into a yard and a layup, look at the dirt and debris on the ballast. check out the nasty old trains, rusty and incapable of being clean. dust covers everything, no matter how clean the paint is. understand this, and realize that in such a funky environ

(the real meaning of the word 'funk'= filth, stink) that real greasy funk music fits perfecty. and that can be Dyke & The Blazers or James Gang. Thin Lizzy or WAR; The Meters or Black Sabbath. it don't matter how the guitar is used, as long as they put the soul into it. that's all i got.

(btw- i love punk, metal and hip hop as well as the real, pre-1973 funk joints)

Archived