UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Did they charge anytihng? Heard some places around here charging $25-$30

No charge, they make their money off the drinks/food they sell.

Would assume it's illegal to charge for viewing when you have a public broadcast license (or whatever their contract is). In Australia if places did charge they'd be very promptly reported to orgs like the Broadcasting Authority and Consumer Competition Commission, etc., and action would be taken. Plus, every pub and club was showing it so folk would just cross the road and watch it for free at another joint.

Didn't pay for it but was extremely disappointed. The undercard fights were way more action packed. I respect Floyd's hustle but when he retires we'll get to see exciting championship fights again. GGG is my favorite to dominate the middleweight division the next few years.

I knew Jones would get pulled from the fight. Glad he got stripped too. He needs to get his life in order. He has two older brothers playing in the NFL, if I were them I would've kicked his ass for disgracing the family.

BTW, saw that an upcoming Fight Night will actually be in the AM, so don't miss it, Edgar/Faber in the Philippines.

Prelims on by 8AM.

Never been an Edgar fan but he wins. Was a Faber fan since WEC but he hasn't fared as well in UFC, feel like he needs this win but is going to have a tough time of it,

I watched the fight last night. Mark Hunt doesn't have it anymore. People have figured out that you let him throw his haymakers for two rounds and by round 3 he's gassed out and you can dominate him in any way. He's the same fighter as Roy Nelson, besides KO power they have nothing. Ref should have stopped it in the 3rd.

Missed Rd1 of that fight where they stopped to check the cut and put in the mouthpiece, but those dudes banged out. Nice seeing Munoz go out classy and with a W. Think Faber is kind of done as a fighter at this point, despite recent wins he's not on top anymore and got nothing done in that fight other than the one knee to the face.

Yeah, best card in a while, might have to pay for it so I don't miss anything.

Like that you got Cerrone by KO. That's my dude, I can see a W but not necessarily like that. Browne is a given, maybe in the 1st, Arlovski never really came back. Dodson and Benavidez should be givens, Weidman seems like one too but he might end that himself.

Still think if Johnson cracks Cormier in the face he could KO, but maybe he'll get beat up a little by DC 1st.

Cerrone is probably my 2nd favorite behind Aldo, I've got a soft spot for the WEC guys. I might have to change Browne to a 1st round KO like you said, who knows though. The Weidman fight is really tough to call to be honest, I've only seen him fight like 3 times. I'm not sure I see DC getting KO'd, but then again AJ did KO Gus.

WEC had many dope fights, like most of their fighters too and am disappointed when I see them lose in UFC. I'm going with Weidman because he's on top right now and Belfort seems like his time has come and gone, but if Belfort does win that might make it more exciting. DC has a head like a melon, a knockout might be tougher on him, but it seems like Johnson can really crack guys with punches, maybe KO on the feet/stoppage due to volume of strikes.