UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

• 4 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I think he's always been in that shape, he walks around looking like a fatty math teacher in between fights. He fought that fight like GSP used to, where he'd fight not to lose, instead of fighting to win.

I hope Cormier slams Jones' eye poking ass through the mat. He probably won't but whatever, hope it's at least a good one.

Yea, I think I've only bought 1 ppv, and I went in on it with like 5 other people so it wasn't that bad.

As for Jones, he's overly cocky, but then he pretends to be this humble religious guy. Also he's constantly poking dudes in the eyes when he fights.

Don't get me wrong though, I love to watch him fight, I just don't like his personality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On a separate note, I know some of yous watched last night. Silva/Diaz was a letdown, no real action at all. Probably time for Silva to go out, he's not finishing fights anymore. And Diaz, he really didn't do much of anything yesterday. It's one thing to taunt and clown if you're going to kick the guy's ass, but it's nothing more than poor showboating if you can't back it up.

Also feel that UFC is oversaturated and becoming lame. I've noticed from watching many, many fights that when you look around outside the octagon there are a lot of empty seats, even up front. You can see Dana White in his seat, and he doesn't even watch the fights, just fidgets with his phone. And the involvement of pro wrestlers, UFC learned showmanship, playing up the heel character, etc., from wrestling. I guess it sells events to the greatest common denominator, but damn it cheapens things.