UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That was pretty much my thoughts going in. Machida seems kind of done to me, he's provided enough entertainment in his time but can't seem to hang with who's out there now. Swanson's been around and had a lot of fights, but for a fighter like that I'd rather see Donald Cerrone. Miller might be kind of done too, good chess match for a bit but he just couldn't dominate that. I missed much of the prelims, but from what I saw of all the fights the ladies may have been the best. Little surprised that Van Zant is with Alpha Male and didn't grab the neck once but she's young and has a lot to learn.

Decent links for Saturday's fight? There's no way I could see paying for that shit. I thought Rampage was out but UFC is still showing it as on. Couldn't give a shit about watching Bisping fight. And Johnson is a sure win. Even if he wasn't tearing shit up, no Japanese fighter has made a successful transition to UFC where they've had multiple significant wins.

Really it's more of a shame that the UFC doesn't market him more. He sells himself by winning. The UFC will spend craploads to hype this little known loudmouth douchebag fighting Aldo but does little to hype a guy who has run through his division. They need to explore new talent that can be a match for Johnson so they have something to hype.

Wow...Jones is a fucking disgrace. I used to be a big fan of his but now he's a clown. Fleeing the scene of an accident when you hit a pregnant womans car while you had coke in the vehicle? A lot of good that one day in rehab did you. If he is found guilty I hope he gets jail time. He needs to get his shit together. Vacate his belt and let someone more deserving fight for it.

Congrats to MM. Dude is a fuckin beast. He definitely isn't promoted as a champion should be. UFC needs to stop wasting time with their resident coke head and promote other fighters more deserving.

lol his one day in rehab was just a PR stunt. I'm not gunna accuse him of anything until the evidence comes out though. Apparently there was actually a hit and run, but all the other stuff is just rumor at this point. That said, I can't stand him and I think he's a phony scum bag.

Haven't heard these updated details but still, douchebag move. UFC is going to be under mega pressure here in terms of how their fighters represent the sport and what to do with fuck ups like this. BTW, dude was sketchy long before he became the champ, he made some comment about snitching on people right around his 1st fight.

Yeah, Floyd won that by avoiding to actually fight. He won the smart fight but it was anti-climactic.

I watched it at the local Hellenic Club..., who had no fucking idea at the level of interest there was in this fight. Those guys weren't even close to prepared for the amount of people that came through their doors to watch the fight.