presentation/paper on corsets?

cinchedwaist7

too risque?

Basically, in this archeology class we have to write a paper/give a presentation on a modern material culture.

It can really be on anything. Previous examples the teacher gave were pens, bathing suits, etc.

Somebody even did it on condoms.

We just have to describe in absolute detail different kinds of this material culture, how it varies, make a taxonomy for it, break it down into categories, make a descriptive "tree" for it, etc.

Analyzing a catalog for this kinda thing is perfect b/c you have your material culture in one bound piece. A girl last year did it on the bikini's from victorias secret and broke them down into halter style, bra style, scoop bottom, string bottom, etc.

I wanted to do this on vibrators but I thought everyone might get really weirded out. I also wanted to do it on skateboards but didn't think there was enough variability in one catalog.

Another girl in my class is doing it on bras, so i was like fuckit, i'll do it on corsets. i am cinchedwaist and all..

what would you guys do it on? the paper is so broad i'm having a hard time thinking of stuff. My friend might do it on tampons. or toilet seat covers.

yes, this is what grad school is all about.

must try to keep my powerpoint tasteful

v1126.jpg

v4000u-tartan.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
corsets are the shit

why would you want a book like weapon x? what are you trying to tell us

That I'm not sitting in my $4 jogging pants, rolling up a spliff, waiting on some Chunky soup in the microwave, talking to bi-curious girls with my "Sexy Raven" msn address. I tell them I'm a lesbian, they send me pics.

hmm, i've never really looked at corsets before, but those are hot. accentuating the female form... they're definately doing thier job.

but if you were going to do a thing on vibrators, i could hook you up with all sorts of catalogs, info and promo material. also, my boss has been in the business since the early 60s and has seen everything come and go and is a crazy source of info.

i dunno.. the vibrator thing would be very cool, but ..

maybe if i didn't have to give a presentation on it?

I'd probably chuckle throughout the entire thing,

and we are supposed to act all professional and crap.

i kinda wanted to see marie antoinette. perhaps i shall.

the paper will probably be kinda boring, very descriptive. you probably won't

want to read it, weapon x.

the picture section will be the best. still gotta try to keep it tasteful though.

what else could i do it on?

hmmm. if anything tho, i will stick to the corset idea.