the office

DETO

the office.  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
^

kill yourself.

The american versions saving grace is the awkward looks Jim shoots the camera. Dwight is also pretty rediculous but he pales in comparison to his UK counterpart whos name escapes me right now.

gareth.

you're right. dwight is too obviously annoying and petty. in the english version it was more subtle.

I don't know man. I'm definitely a fan of the american version, and it has gotten funnier, and continues to gain steam.

It's definitely americanized in the way that there's a lot of focus on the Jim and Pam thing, and the humor feels a bit more upbeat. Ther isn't the uncomfortable mishap situation that leaves you wallowing in the character's misery like the UK version does. It seems like there's some redemption for the character, either real or imagined by them. Steve Carell's character seems to interpret everything so he lands on the bright side, which is funny in it's own right.

I think many of those people that swear up and down that the UK version is so much better are really just repeating what they heard and not giving the US version a chance. Comparing the two is like comparing AC/DC to Tom Petty. They're both music made with guitars and drums, both great, just different. The US moves quicker, but a lot of the jokes are really sharp. Not as consistent as the british ones, but I feel like they've hit higher pointsat times.

hal, the US version started out shitty, you gotta admit. it was a bad and unnecessary remake of the english version. thankfully now it has a life of it's own and has become funny with some genuinely likeable and unlikeable characters. is it better or worse than the uk version? at this point it's up to personal taste.