NHL 06-07 Season

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man, the first thought I had was that would have been a tough one to score, he was going to pull it around him and shovel it by on the ice, but by then Marty laid the stick down on the ice forcing him to reach it all the way around the shaft, by that time he was sort of angled out of the easy shot. Basically us folks at home were told he missed the easy put away when, in fact, a pretty high degree of skill was required. That's something that he would have to have been practicing more to pull off.

• 1 month later...

I havent been on here in a bit, but....

Max-broken hand/wrist. Completely fucked my fantasy hockey team, he was putting up big time too. Huet, also on my team, goes down with hamstring. Finally Shanny goes down, putting both of my big offensemen out for the remainder of the fantasy season. Fuck. At least I still have Marty B in net.

As for the Rangers, Im pretty pissed at how many guys they have lost in the last few days alone, not to mention their inability to win games versus suck ass teams like tampa.

Thats all.

how about that god damn buffalo/ottowa game last night, drury got blasted in the dome. and then emery gets his face beat in twice

dude, emery took on biron.

He is known as a fighting goalie. What the heck do you mean twice?

But that was some real hockey. Enjoy it, because it'll come around about as often as Haley's Comet.

dude, emery took on biron.

He is known as a fighting goalie. What the heck do you mean twice?

But that was some real hockey. Enjoy it, because it'll come around about as often as Haley's Comet.

yeah i know i was just saying, dudes just flocked to him it seems, he used to be a boxer i know and in the AHL fought pretty often, he was laughing the whole time. emery is a badass as well as a decent goalie.

Yeah, you guys saw that huh? The reffing sucked for pretty much the whole game, especially the overtime call on Ryan, I think, barely touched the guys elbow, called for a hook, just after Vanek got hacked down to the ground. They showed some real grit making a game of it in Ottawa last night. The reffing was alot better. And fucking Neil was dirty last night too. I'm really happy with the team right now, I have been for the last while, since before Max got hurt and he was starting to light it up again. The Kaleta hit on McGratton was sick. He has been excellent in his first two games up from Roc. For those of you who don't follow us that closely, he's a Western New Yorker, from Angola, NY a small town on Lake Erie south of Buffalo.

i wish i could say that if things were vice versa right now, but i'd still hate philly.

I think it parallels the Buffalo-Toronto teams on the Lake thing. You know, if you're from Toronto you can be a Sabres fan if the Leafs suck at playoffs ;) but if you're from Buffalo, no way, the Leafs suck. Basically if you're from somewhere as shitty as Buffalo or Pittsburgh, you gotta stick with your boys, even when it's shitty, because, you know, it's almost always shitty and you go with what you know.

i think leafs fans are a little more dedicated than sabres fans....you're talking about an original 6 franchise

i just saw that video on youtube....emery buried Biron huh? what a savage then he fought Peters and he's laughing the whole time...who said emery got pounded?? he buried both those guys

I don't know if you can say that, they have more divided interests being that hockey in southern ON is more than just the Leafs, and probably everyone knows somebody in the NHL, when there team's down and out like they are on the verge this year, it's easier for them to switch allegiances over to cousin MacWhatever's team or whatever. I'm talking die hard Sabres fans here too, not just the bandwagon ones who fill it out when the team is doing well and have been making it very hard to get a decent seat this year.

Yeah, he beat on Marty a bit, but Marty got the suckers trip in so that was a washout, then he got a couple punches in on Peters while the refs had them tied up, that's all I saw, there wasn't a clear winner in that one, it was pretty weak. However, Mair was taking on the whole first line single handedly.

yeah i see what you're saying but those people up there for the most part are fanatics for the leafs....theyve been like the long suffering fans for the past few decades and they are pretty fanatical...id say they have one of the biggest and most loyal fanbases in all hockey...i dont know i dont feel like talking about it really..

Emery brutalized those guys dont be a homer...Chris Neil looked like the guy who stole everybodys lunch money...they made him look like Ogie Oglethorpe! it was funny......................that next game was pretty wild too!!!

I think it parallels the Buffalo-Toronto teams on the Lake thing. You know, if you're from Toronto you can be a Sabres fan if the Leafs suck at playoffs ;) but if you're from Buffalo, no way, the Leafs suck. Basically if you're from somewhere as shitty as Buffalo or Pittsburgh, you gotta stick with your boys, even when it's shitty, because, you know, it's almost always shitty and you go with what you know.

Yeah, I recall the Sabres putting up a giant billboard of Stu Grimson levelling a Toronto player, right by the stadium.

And Leafs fans are extremely dedicated. Well, the real ones, anyway. There's a lot of bandwagon jumping come playoff time because it becomes such a big deal over here.

And I don't know anyone who roots for the Sabres, except for my one buddy, who likes them more than the Leafs. We do root for Canadian teams, generally, in the playoffs, when the Leafs get knocked out.

Anyway, who thinks Ryan Smyth is going to get traded? I don't think that would be a wise idea. I remember last year in the playoffs, he got a slapshot to the face, lost a bunch of teeth, then came back to score a winning goal. He's a warrior, and he's taken paycuts to stay with the team..

Yeah buffalo and pittsburgh are definately on the level of being shitty towns, PGH i should say in a pleasant constant state of decay, pittsburgh fans are probably the most dedicated fans in the whole league right now, bold statement yes, but with the possibility of losing the team, it brings people out, personally ive loved them forever, ups and downs.

And I don't know anyone who roots for the Sabres, except for my one buddy, who likes them more than the Leafs. We do root for Canadian teams, generally, in the playoffs, when the Leafs get knocked out.

the only reason i know anyone that likes buffalo is because i have friends up in Gannon University (erie, pa) and they get alot of people from buffalo at the school, doesn't really seem like they have a north american expansive fan base. Also how about buffalo fans putting together funds to pay off the fine to Ruff? I can't even think if that would happen here, too much of a football town still.

Yeah, for real. But St. Louis got a first round pick out of it, no? I guess they need that more, as long as their fans can sit tight.

Hahaha..thats a LONG sit. Their ass is going to be numb. I feel bad for how horrible they have been in the last...10 years..?

Toronto is getting their testicles fed to them tonight. They are not even playing physical..

I took 50 small from a guy on a bet for the Atlanta game tonight.:cool:

The Pens just picked up Roberts last night from Florida. They are doing well, a veteran like Roberts should help Crosby and company.

I just read on yahoo news that the Rangers are looking to trade JAGER!

Horray. I fucking hate that guy. Keep shanny, trade jager for someone who will take part in shoot outs, backcheck and generally not be a douche bag.

as of 10:03am EST pens got roberts for noah welch. personally, fuck that. roberts won't even be on the crosby line, they're gonna throw him on the line with staal and malkin (which is a great line already) or our third line with christensen and talbot. way to send off our prospect defensive core, not like we have a weak one now or anything.

also, fuck jagr. i hope the rangers are stuck with his ass. everyone in pittsburgh still hates him.