AKIRA

King Of Hell

Some comdey I noticed in that motorcycle battle .... When kenada is stopped in the tunnel and tetsuo flies past him ... and he yells ... TETSSSSSUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOO.

In the original Orion release on VHS the closed caption changes that to "DEATH TOOOOO ALLLLLLLL"

I found that very funny. Poor hearing impared people have no clue there is a diffrence ...which kinda sucks ... But that Dub of the movie leaves you guessing a lot more than the Pioneer re-release with the new Dub anyway.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halloween a couple of years ago I saw two dudes dressed as Kaneda and Tetsuo and I made them yell "TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and "KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA" at each other on the street and then I yelled it a bunch of times.

The Manga is awesome. 2,000 something pages. I have the American issue #1 first print and the coloring is so amazing, I wish the trades were in color instead of black and white. I can't believe the guy drew all of that himself and colored it in. He's a great artist.

I think I was in art school in 1989 and I bought a VHS copy of AKIRA at a comic book store. I had been reading the comic so I knew the story pretty well. The VHS I got was in Japanese and no subtitles. I watched that damn thing at least a hundred and never understood a word... and still thought it was an artistic masterpiece.

I think I saw the first cut US version in the mid-nineties. It kinda bummed me out to hear the American voices and California like twang in Kaneda's voice. It didn't seem right and I never finished the movie. I like the Japanese version better and want to keep that as my memory of how the voices to the characters are.

Yes, I was in college in 1989... so you wanna talk about being old, don't try me. I'll make you go hunting for a switch boy!

You know... no complaints. I work, I ride, I sleep. Nothing new.

Haven't drawn an outline for almost a year. Haven't painted since May. And living off of fame I worked for for the last twenty years has left me happy enough to keep me from hanging myself. I am, after all, a Cancer.

And you? How's life down there? You still with girl?

(Oddly enough... this topic is about to change to (Joker & Zealot Catching Up")

good call on the subs. i hate listening to english voices over japanese characters. especially when its the a list actors. they always ruin it.

a good manga i've been reading lately is Death Note. They should have that in English by now. basic plot summary is a kid pics up a notebook and when he writes a name and they die by a heart attack within a minute of writing their name. but you can also write the cause of death. pretty cool. they have a 2 part live action flick coming out as well.

You know... no complaints. I work, I ride, I sleep. Nothing new.

Haven't drawn an outline for almost a year. Haven't painted since May. And living off of fame I worked for for the last twenty years has left me happy enough to keep me from hanging myself. I am, after all, a Cancer.

And you? How's life down there? You still with girl?

(Oddly enough... this topic is about to change to (Joker & Zealot Catching Up")

Yeah man, sae old same old. Apprenticeship is almost done, working on new art. Thats about it.

I don't read or watch manga usually but your list is pretty much what I've watched and enjoyed, KOH. Manga freaks would call it mainstream but whatever.

"Blood" was a really great vampire manga that I watched, but way too short. It's worth checking out and at the very least the production quality is on the level with Ninja Scroll.

Archived