Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

All i know is i live far far away from CT these days. I miss seein all these pieces bein posted in person but you know whats wild? I dont know if anyone has seen the new Graphotism but im in fuckin manchester, UK picking up a mag in a bookstore and open the pages to EYESORE and a fuckin MESTO, REO, LIMER panda production. Its just wild i wish everyone could realize how worldwide some of this shit has gone and from CT and on and on. Huge props to those cats for representin CT the way it should be, fuckin burnin, true. peace 2 all crews, minus LSZ of course.

Well now that you all wasted 2 pages just talking shit , in case anyone cares hh wasnt calling out anyone or talking shit or starting beef whatever else was made up . and hh isnt trying to be on any "level" they just like to paint and cause a little rukess from time to time which you all are making it very easy for them by the way...just in case anyone really cares...now back toyour regularly scheduled shit talking

those sketches are fucking hot. seriously.

Well now that you all wasted 2 pages just talking shit , in case anyone cares hh wasn't calling out anyone or talking shit or starting beef whatever else was made up . and hh isn't trying to be on any "level" they just like to paint and cause a little ruckus from time to time which you all are making it very easy for them by the way...just in case anyone really cares...now back to your regularly scheduled shit talking

^^^ bump.

anyone who knows these guys know they're a bunch of cool guys. true, they don't have the time in the game of a Ouija or an Abyss, but they still throw down some good shit. since when was stenciling not allowed? creativity comes in all forms doesn't it?. still your opinion is your own and you're entitled to it, but the ends justify the means, and all i've seen from them has been nothing but good creative stuff. scroll back a few pages, take a look

but yeah...bump that comment.

As far as I'm concerned, stenciling is pretty damn street art, and street art is gay as the day is long. Pisspoor bourgeois ripoff of real graff, in my humble opinion. Anyone can cut a stencil. Look at a guy like Isor that can paint a military font #20 without the stencil. That's real skill, and worth learning if you want to be taken seriously as a writer.

All i know is i live far far away from CT these days. I miss seein all these pieces bein posted in person but you know whats wild? I dont know if anyone has seen the new Graphotism but im in fuckin manchester, UK picking up a mag in a bookstore and open the pages to EYESORE and a fuckin MESTO, REO, LIMER panda production. Its just wild i wish everyone could realize how worldwide some of this shit has gone and from CT and on and on. Huge props to those cats for representin CT the way it should be, fuckin burnin, true. peace 2 all crews, minus LSZ of course.

yep, CT has some world-famous skills on it.

bump bump bump, bump... bump, ahhh shit, its ervywhere!

As far as I'm concerned, stenciling is pretty damn street art, and street art is gay as the day is long. Pisspoor bourgeois ripoff of real graff, in my humble opinion. Anyone can cut a stencil. Look at a guy like Isor that can paint a military font #20 without the stencil. That's real skill, and worth learning if you want to be taken seriously as a writer.

good point good point...but i dont think one should think less of someone because of sencil use. its just another facet added to the craft...thats my opinion...i dont really have enough time in to have one but thats what i think

good point good point...but i dont think one should think less of someone because of sencil use. its just another facet added to the craft...thats my opinion...i dont really have enough time in to have one but thats what i think

I've cut a stencil or two and it can be interesting to supplement technical ability, but using it as a crutch or claiming to be a "graffiti artist" when everything is painted through a proxy (stencil, tape, etc.) doesn't fly with me. In my eyes, it's worse than having no can control at all. It's basically cheating. If someone can't do a decent tag or paint little chips and doodads in their fills, and has to rely on a stencil they produced in Illustrator, then they aren't a writer. For that matter, if they can do a 300 color technicolor piece, then drop a dogshit tag next to it, it's equally write-offable. I personally spent at least a year doing tags and tosses, and nothing else, because I always thought that the foundation is more important than the fancy bells and whistles.

I wish that Banksy and Shepard Fairey never happened, because they've completely twisted kids coming up and make them think it's acceptable to half ass it, or drop some hipster artfag shit and call it graff. X-Men, Revs and Cost were doing wheatpasting years before Shepard Fairey's rich parents even thought to send him off to art school, but the difference is that Revs, Cost and X-Men could do a credible tag with their own hands, and Shepard Fairey can click a mouse and press a sticker onto a mailbox.

I've cut a stencil or two and it can be interesting to supplement technical ability, but using it as a crutch or claiming to be a "graffiti artist" when everything is painted through a proxy (stencil, tape, etc.) doesn't fly with me. In my eyes, it's worse than having no can control at all. It's basically cheating. If someone can't do a decent tag or paint little chips and doodads in their fills, and has to rely on a stencil they produced in Illustrator, then they aren't a writer. For that matter, if they can do a 300 color technicolor piece, then drop a dogshit tag next to it, it's equally write-offable. I personally spent at least a year doing tags and tosses, and nothing else, because I always thought that the foundation is more important than the fancy bells and whistles.

I wish that Banksy and Shepard Fairey never happened, because they've completely twisted kids coming up and make them think it's acceptable to half ass it, or drop some hipster artfag shit and call it graff. X-Men, Revs and Cost were doing wheatpasting years before Shepard Fairey's rich parents even thought to send him off to art school, but the difference is that Revs, Cost and X-Men could do a credible tag with their own hands, and Shepard Fairey can click a mouse and press a sticker onto a mailbox.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

and as for this stencil debate (here it goes...)

street art and graffiti are different?

i mean, you know im new, but i thought

graffiti was... art... on the street.

im assuming you have very distinct

definitions of the 2, and im fuckin positive

youve got a particular sense as to what you

consider real graff and not..

but in my humble opinion, i say that

any artwork put on a public surface constitutes graff.

to me, its not just the handstyle or can control

that matters; its how one takes the environment

around them and expresses themselves with it.

banksy's commercialization is a complete

abomination to everything i hold dear to

graff and to everyone on the ground level still

putting in work; but the motherfucker used to

do shit that would blow me away when i saw it.

using stencils/tape in your pieces to compensate for

lack of technical skill is weak, no question;

same goes, as said, for trying to cover for lack

of true talent w/ more over-stimulation;

but you cant write off a whole other artform

within the artform becauase of a few cats

who keep it whack within it. stenciling has

a completely different skill set,

different technical abilities, requires a different

eye for what the artist aims to accomplish.

i dont even think it should fall under the same

category as traditional graffiti, though they

both borrow from some of the same disciplines

that were around long before either came up,

like typography, photo realism, and 2d design.

that being said, fuck the internet and all

the haters huddled in front of it; peace to everyone

posting flicks and paying attention for the

sake of actually learning something; not out

for fast fame.

see you on the ground.