CREATIVE JOB IDEAS?

dumy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by El Mamerro+Mar 9 2006, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (El Mamerro - Mar 9 2006, 06:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Mar 9 2006, 06:00 PM

do you guys or anyone else have any suggestions for job/career paths that would compliment this line of thinking?

I think you should rap.

[/b]

yeah..uuhh..I do that already..

when I first read advertising....I immediately thought of the v-dub ad..."eets definitely sucking." haha. anyway...

Dumy...it all depends on what you want out of your creativity. If you're cool with pimping it out for advertising and making people buy shit they don't need...go for it. But, if you're the type that wants your creative work to actually stand for or mean something...get a job with a paycheck and work on the one creative thing that really matters to you.

that definitely makes sense Steve..I just want something where I can exercise my creativity (even if only to an extent) while earning that paycheck..I hate going to work everyday and hating it, or worse..lacking the motivation to even try because it disinterests me that much..

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Mar 9 2006, 11:22 PM

get a job with a paycheck and work on the one creative thing that really matters to you.

My job bankrolls my creative pursuits.....seems like how 99% of artists do things these days.

And when you get a good offer for something, don't be like these self-righteous nitwits and turn down a huge check from a corporation.

Artistic integrity doesn't pay the blls

Art in the US is more often than not about connections. It is nepotistic and self-serving, self perpetuating. They try to make you believe some artist, musician, product or whatever is "cool" and they advertise the shit out of it with their mad connections and they are making bank. It's not that they are per se, selling quality, they have such a stranglehold on culture ($$$) that they will pretty much market anything they think will make money (formulas).

oh god..I didn't make you out to be anything else than how you presented yourself..whatever dude, really I don't care..and I doubt my "friends" do either..they made their judgements of you based on THEIR interactions with you..contary to popular belief i'm not some puppet master pulling strings..plus i'm not one to blow spots on the internet...please stop letting people manipulate you..me and my friends are on some live and let live..but if you fuck with us we fuck with you..simple as that..

Originally posted by villain@Mar 9 2006, 06:40 PM

Art in the US is more often than not about connections. It is nepotistic and self-serving, self perpetuating. They try to make you believe some artist, musician, product or whatever is "cool" and they advertise the shit out of it with their mad connections and they are making bank. It's not that they are per se, selling quality, they have such a stranglehold on culture ($$$) that they will pretty much market anything they think will make money (formulas).

hella true..

Work for the railroad.

The union for that shit is insane.

Especially around here.

You really have to "know someone" in it, but once you're in you're pretty much set.

Conductors here pull down over $100,000 a year.... plus the benefits and all that shit? Forget it.... golden.

Or get in with a freight company I guess? I dont know how to go about that though.

Stable, good union, good pay, good retirement plans...

Being a tattoo artist is a great job idea, but not such a great career choice unless you plan on opening an upscale parlor in a major metropolitan area/college town with well-known artists that'll stick around until the gun shakes their knuckles arthritic.

I'm sure there's a lot of people on this site that know a lot more about this shit than I do, but from what I've heard tattooing is the second 'kiss of death' career move, right next to Graphic Design.

Guest nutsonmychin!

eeehh. it's not that bad. are there even hills in ATL? and you arent really looking for a career right? just "in the meantime" work. look for gallery work.

mero..if I ever go into business with you..then maybe..maybe..we can pull the guns out..I got some homies down here who would be more than willing..and have been stockpiling for a hot minute now..me I stopped selling w**d and pills hella long ago..